Not showing in XMB

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Not showing in XMB

Postby Speedracer98 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:42 am

I got the program installed and configured right I hope and one time the program said it found my PS3 Slim but it never showed in the XMB I tried search for media servers but I still couldnt get it working. Any help please?
Speedracer98

Re: Not showing in XMB

Postby meskibob » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:26 am

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=496

Some other things to check:
Firewalls blocking the traffic
UPnP and Multicast enabled on the router
Your FQDN is listed in your hosts file
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Speedracer98 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:02 am

I doubt I even have a firewall as I got Mediatomb working in the internet browser but it didnt show up when i searched for media servers. Mediatomb stopped working shortly after i got a few songs saved to my ps3 and so i have been trying other programs...

as for upnp and multicast i dont know how to set that up. i dont have a router i have a fios modem with a wireless attachment at the top which should connect to ps3 fine as i have been playing games online wirelessly without issues.

i cant make the ps3 wired as the ethernet has to go to the pc and then the modem sends the signal to the ps3.. if i had a router they would both be wired. and as for fqdn i dont know what you mean.
Speedracer98

Postby meskibob » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:07 am

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Speedracer98 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:15 am

How do I find that info that i need to add to the hosts file?
Speedracer98

Postby meskibob » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:54 am

I believe the the "hostname -f" command should give you the FQDN.
meskibob

Postby Speedracer98 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:46 am

It says myusername-Home I thought it was supposed to be an ip address or something...
Speedracer98

Return to Linux/Unix Support