Hi, I try to explain the problem (with Ubuntu), but my Engli

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Hi, I try to explain the problem (with Ubuntu), but my Engli

Postby danielsaaan » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Sorry, my english is so really poor.
I'll try to explain the problem I hope you can understand to me.

So, before I start to explain, I have to say:

I have already used this fantastic program before now. I was using it on my old windows xp PC. After that period I have tried the Linux Ubuntu.
With Ubuntu i was able to use this program perfectly, that worked very well.

In the present time:

I have formatted the PC with Ubuntu, I have installed the same identical Ubuntu 9.04 32bit on the same PC were PS3 Media Server was installed before.
So, the first thing that i made after the new Ubuntu installation was to download Java 6 by using this command:
"sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin sun-java6-fonts"

Now, I have downloaded PS3 Media Server from the "PS3 Media Server Blog" and made it work by changing the things in PSM.sh (to make it work like a program).

Ok, the program starts, I configure folders that i want to let to see by the PS3. Then I go to the PS3, and I go to the Video Folders, I can see the movies database list, but if I click start with X the PS3 send me a text message with write error. Then if I try to copy the file from the PC to the PS3 HDD, the same message of error.
But... if i try to listen an MP3 this works! and if I try to copy MP3 folders on my PS3 HDD it works!
So, the thing look strange to me, becouse I have tryed with different video files, different kinds of videos extensions.

Can you help me please?

THX,
Daniele (Italy),
danielsaaan

Re: Hi, I try to explain the problem (with Ubuntu), but my Engli

Postby danielsaaan » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:12 pm

Guys I have reformattes and i have repeat the same procedure, but it's the same, it doesn't copy or play the movies!
danielsaaan

Postby danielsaaan » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:53 pm

help please! :(
danielsaaan

Postby meskibob » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:06 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=10#p15591

If it's not that, then make sure your distros are up-to-date: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1508
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby danielsaaan » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:42 pm

I have tryed to creat a new folder but look the folders seems to respect the good position inside the PC, there are not much folders in each others.
Maybe this photo can help to help me.

So, I can tell what i see of -really strange- when i browse the video files from the PS3 (video folder):

Im sorry that i have not a cam to take a photo, but i can explain. Each video file that i can see label from the PS3 have this time for the duration of the movie: 9: 59'59"
So, every video file, this mean different size, and different duration for the watching the entire movie, have tis label: 9: 59'59"
If click on one of it the PS3 say (i try to traslate italian to english) "the data file is not supported".
What can it be?
Thx for helping man!!! :)

edit:
i have tryed this configuration (just made on on all the options ramdomly), but nothing change (maybe obviosly).
RL=http://img143.imageshack.us/i/schermatajavaps3mediase.png/]Image[/URL]
danielsaaan

Postby Joe76000 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:16 am

Hello Danielsaaan,

Try helping, I am sharing with you some of my data.
I am using PS3MS on both Windows (XP SP3 & Vista SP2) and Linux Ubuntu 9.04 with all latest updates and everything is working pretty well with my Sony Bravia TV KDL-46W5710E (W5500 series). Sorry not a PS3!

1. First, try to install latest PS3MS beta version 1.11.356 and see if it solve your issue. You can donwload from here:
http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3217

2. Under Ubuntu 9.04, I have made 6 x screen captures (I put them in an archive file "Bureau.tar.gz") sumarizing my setups (sorry in French but by analogy you can find the english translation on yours).
BUT... I didn't find out how to post it on this forum... So, if you are interested send me a "PM" with your email address.

Keep in touch...
Cheers.
Joe76000

Return to Linux/Unix Support