So, Initially I was getting the oddest behavior (screen going haywire.. funky stuff).
I've checkout trunk (and same behavior for stable binary from the website). I'm running Arch x86_64.
I run the PMS.sh and it says everything should be working fine. But the PS3 can't find it. My eth0 isn't plugged in, so using wlan to broadcast, here's the output.
I also set the IP, port, and interface via the GUI, restarted and still didn't find anything.
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.417 Starting Java PS3 Media Server v1.11
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.418 by shagrath / 2008-2009
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.418 http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.419 http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.419
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.419 Java 1.6.0_13-Sun Microsystems Inc.
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.420 OS Linux amd64 2.6.29-ARCH
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.420 Encoding: UTF-8
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.469 Temp folder: /tmp/javaps3media
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.471 Loading configuration file: PS3.conf
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.474 Loading configuration file: XBOX360.conf
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.475 Loading configuration file: PopcornHour.conf
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.504 Registering transcoding engine FFmpeg Audio
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.510 Registering transcoding engine MEncoder
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.511 Registering transcoding engine MPlayer Audio
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.511 Registering transcoding engine MEncoder Web
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.511 Registering transcoding engine MPlayer Video Dump
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.512 Registering transcoding engine MPlayer Web
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.514 Registering transcoding engine TsMuxer
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.514 Registering transcoding engine Audio High Fidelity
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.514 Registering transcoding engine VideoLan Audio Streaming
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.514 Registering transcoding engine VideoLan Video Streaming
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.515 Registering transcoding engine Raws Thumbnailer
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.697 Scanning network interface wlan0 / wlan0
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.698 Using address /192.168.1.102 found on network interface: name:wlan0 (wlan0) index: 3 addresses: /192.168.1.102;
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.698 Created socket: /192.168.1.102:5001
[Thread-4] TRACE 19:16:42.701 Starting DLNA Server on host 192.168.1.102 and port 5001...
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.705 Using database located at : /home/user/Desktop/pms_source/trunk/ps3mediaserver/database
[main] TRACE 19:16:42.903 Using following UUID: 4afd5836-2a3d-37f9-9f36-27e491dae2cf
[Thread-4] TRACE 19:16:45.409 Receiving a request from: 192.168.1.100
[main] TRACE 19:16:46.871 It's ready! You should see the server appears on XMB
[AWT-EventQueue-0] TRACE 19:22:05.936 Configuration saved.
[AWT-EventQueue-0] TRACE 19:22:07.236 Sending BYEBYE...
[AWT-EventQueue-0] TRACE 19:22:12.131 Scanning network interface wlan0 / wlan0
[AWT-EventQueue-0] TRACE 19:22:12.136 Using forced address 192.168.1.102
[AWT-EventQueue-0] TRACE 19:22:12.137 Created socket: /192.168.1.102:5001
[Thread-18] TRACE 19:22:12.137 Starting DLNA Server on host 192.168.1.102 and port 5001...
[Thread-18] TRACE 19:22:16.164 Receiving a request from: 192.168.1.100
[AWT-EventQueue-0] TRACE 19:22:52.208 Configuration saved.