problem with tsMuxeR and mkv

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

problem with tsMuxeR and mkv

Postby vormav78 » Sat May 02, 2009 5:52 pm

Ok so I went through a lot of trouble, reinstalling ffmpeg, tsMuxeR and Mencoder for everything to work with PMS.
But still, when I try to transcode a mkv using either of those apps it won't work and I'll get the Corrupted Data errror on the ps3.
I get the following message in psm: Ok so I went through a lot of trouble, reinstalling ffmpeg, tsMuxeR and Mencoder for everything to work with PMS.
But still, when I try to transcode a mkv using either of those apps it won't work and I'll get the Corrupted Data errror on the ps3.

When I try using tsMuxeR, I ge the following message: [linux/tsMuxeR] TRACE 12:46:40.788 Process /opt/pms-linux-1.10.5/linux/tsMuxeR has a return code of 254! Maybe an error occured... check the log file
... I chmoded both PMS.sh and tsMuxer, and I tried running it from the command line in the /opt folder and it didn't change a thing.

All I know is it will only work if I use Mencoder with the Jap audio and no subtitles, but even then, the sound is 10 seconds ahead of the video. (I don't know if its important to say so, but once the video played WITH subtitles on Mencoder but the sound problem was still present. Ever since it has not worked with subs)
I'm really getting depressed... it worked flawlessly on Windows but I don't want to use it unless there is no other way.
vormav78

Re: problem with tsMuxeR and mkv

Postby Xeo84 » Sun May 03, 2009 2:27 pm

same problem, i'd solved unckecking switch to Tsmuxer... in mencoder settings.
All mkv works great!
Xeo84

Postby vormav78 » Mon May 04, 2009 1:56 am

I tried unchecking that option, but it doesnt work. I tried systematically all available combinations of checkboxes in the software.
vormav78

Postby Xeo84 » Tue May 05, 2009 8:28 pm

if u uncheck that option what error do you see?
can u paste the log file?
Xeo84

Postby groff » Wed May 06, 2009 5:09 pm

vormav78 wrote:When I try using tsMuxeR, I ge the following message: [linux/tsMuxeR] TRACE 12:46:40.788 Process /opt/pms-linux-1.10.5/linux/tsMuxeR has a return code of 254! Maybe an error occured... check the log file
... I chmoded both PMS.sh and tsMuxer, and I tried running it from the command line in the /opt folder and it didn't change a thing.

We'll need the output of the command line when you run tsMuxeR directly. This error message says a lot more than the trace log from PMS.

The most common problem is that the tsMuxeR included with PMS is dynamically linked and that the libraries on your installation are incompatible. This is easily fixed by downloading the static tsMuxeR binary from SmartLabs (just replace the old binary).

vormav78 wrote:All I know is it will only work if I use Mencoder with the Jap audio and no subtitles, but even then, the sound is 10 seconds ahead of the video. (I don't know if its important to say so, but once the video played WITH subtitles on Mencoder but the sound problem was still present. Ever since it has not worked with subs)

Try the option to "default remux with mencoder for mkv". It will force mpeg2-transcoding and subs should work then. Alternatively, you can play your files through the "transcode" folder to force mpeg2-transcoding.

Have you tried disabling "alternative A/V sync method"?

vormav78 wrote:I'm really getting depressed... it worked flawlessly on Windows but I don't want to use it unless there is no other way.

There's always another way ;)
groff

Postby vormav78 » Fri May 15, 2009 2:44 am

I tried disabling the AV option and I already got the new tsmuxer binary, when you say I should run Txmuxer directly, do you mean the Gui that came with the pack?

Also, how do I post logs lol. Log files seems to be rejected when I try uploading them.
vormav78

Postby groff » Sun May 17, 2009 12:39 am

vormav78 wrote:I tried disabling the AV option and I already got the new tsmuxer binary, when you say I should run Txmuxer directly, do you mean the Gui that came with the pack?

just open a shell, go to the linux folder in the PMS installation and type "./tsMuxeR" - if it does not run you will get an error message.

vormav78 wrote:Also, how do I post logs lol. Log files seems to be rejected when I try uploading them.

If you're trying to post debug.log it's probably too big. Hopefully you won't need to post if but if you do, try compressing it.
groff

Postby vormav78 » Sun May 17, 2009 10:31 am

Wow hum... Actually... It all started working flawlessly... all I did was change the Icon properties from "Application in terminal" to "Application" because I had a bug with terminals, and it all worked... the only problem left is the conf and debug files are in my home folder, but since it's all working, I dont give a damn lol :P thx everyone :)
vormav78

Return to Linux/Unix Support