Issues with tsMuxeR and Ubuntu 9.04

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Issues with tsMuxeR and Ubuntu 9.04

Postby richie » Sat May 02, 2009 8:25 am

I recently moved to Ubuntu 9.04 (64-bit) from Ubuntu 8.10 (64-bit) and I'm having trouble getting tsMuxeR to demux MKV files, after having things working perfectly in 8.10.

If I open a MKV file from my PS3 it plays, but within a short while the playback turns choppy due to Mencoder transcoding the file rather than tsMuxeR demux/muxing it. I've tried to execute tsMuxeR directly rather than through PMS, but I get the following error:

Code: Select all
user@linux:~/pms-linux-1.10.5/linux$ ./tsMuxeR
/tmp/tmp.BiXSDmIWsu/tsMuxeR: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have installed libstdc++6 through Synaptic, and the library appears to be in /usr/lib

user@linux:/usr/lib$ ls | grep libstdc++.so.6
libstdc++.so.6
libstdc++.so.6.0.10

I've also tried updating to the newest version of tsMuxeR which yields:

user@linux:~/Desktop/tsMuxeR$ ./tsMuxeR
./tsMuxeR: error while loading shared libraries: libfreetype.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Which also appears to be present

user@linux:/usr/lib$ ls | grep libfreetype.so.6
libfreetype.so.6
libfreetype.so.6.3.20

Anyone have any ideas on why tsMuxeR cannot find these objects, even though they appear to exist? I'm a little new to Linux, but I haven't done anything different in 9.04 than 8.10, so I'm a little perplexed.
richie

Re: Issues with tsMuxeR and Ubuntu 9.04

Postby Xeo84 » Sat May 02, 2009 11:09 am

Mee too with 9.04 encountered problem.
I can't use tsMuxer the file didn't start at all!(mkv corrupted!) the only way i found was to disable tsmuxer!!
Xeo84

Postby groff » Wed May 06, 2009 5:21 pm

Solution, libstdc++: download static binary from SmartLabs, replace old tsMuxeR binary with static one.

Solution, freetype: If the static binary doesn't solve the problem... you're very likely referencing the 64bit versions of the libraries but you're running a 32bit binary - so you need a 32bit version of the freetype libs (and any dependencies for freetype 32bit). Try http://www.slack-tux.org/howto/resolve- ... h-getlibs/ and let us know if it works :)
groff

Postby richie » Thu May 07, 2009 3:19 am

I installed a batch of packages for another application and it is now working like it was in Intrepid.

These were the libraries that installed using APT:
libxine1-ffmpeg
gxine
mpeg2dec
vorbis-tools
id3v2
mpg321
mpg123
libflac++6
toolame
libmp4v2-0
totem-mozilla
icedax
tagtool
easytag
id3tool
lame
nautilus-script-audio-convert
mozilla-helix-player
helix-player
libmad0
libjpeg-progs
libmpcdec3
libquicktime1
flac
faac
faad
sox
toolame
libmpeg2-4
uudeview
libmpeg3-1
mpeg3-utils
mpegdemux
liba52-dev

Thanks for your suggestions, I had tried the newer static binary for tsMuxeR and it was what gave the freetype dependency error. Your second solution may have worked, but I had already reverted back to the tsMuxeR which comes with PMS and applied the packages above. I don't really want to mess with something that is working, but I'll keep it in mind if I ever wipe my Ubuntu machine clean again.
richie

Postby Moosehead » Fri May 08, 2009 6:57 pm

I had the same problem using the server version of Ubuntu 9.04.

I also have Ubuntu desktop edition on another computer, and it was working fine. I did some searching in Synaptic and found some libs that was missing from my server.

'sudo apt-get install ia32-libs'
solved it :-)

I also did 'sudo apt-get install lib32gcc1 lib32ncurses5'
but I'm not sure this is nessecary.

BTW I also tried the newest tsMuxer and it works fine too :-)
Moosehead

Return to Linux/Unix Support