I struggled for a while to get PMS working but I found a way to run it on my FreeNAS 8.3 BOX. Maybe it is of some use to other people.
1. Install a plugin Jail (http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Jails_Configuration
2. mount a bridge between freenas internals and the jail (avigate to Services -> Plugins -> Management -> Mount Points and add a new mount point)
3. ssh into your freenas by your client
(The following steps requires a couple of hours)
4. su root
jls (will show you the number of your jail)
jexec (number) csh
5. jexec 1 csh (or what number is shown when you entered the jls command)
6. portsnap fetch extract update
7. cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg/ && make install clean
8. cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster/ && make install clean
Be sure to use the appropriate options for your system. If you’re not sure, check all the boxes.
9. echo ‘WITH_PKGNG=yes’ >> /etc/make.conf
12. portmaster -G editors/nano
14. cd /usr/ports/multimedia/mencoder
15. make config
I have installed mencoder with the following options.
Press ok to proceed
16. cd /usr/ports/graphics/frei0r/
17. make config
18. check Enable MMX CPU instructions then press ok
19 setenv FORCE_PKG_REGISTER
20. portmaster -G multimedia/mencoder
21. pkg_add -v -r ffmpeg
22. pkg_add -v -r javavmwrapper
23 I downloaded diablo-jre-freebsd7.amd220.127.116.11.07.02.tbz and copied it in the mounted folder
24 cd /mounted folder
25 tar xvfz diablo-jre-freebsd7.amd18.104.22.168.07.02.tbz
26 pkg_add -v diablo-jre-freebsd7.amd22.214.171.124.07.02.tbz
27 echo libz.so.4 libz.so.5 > /etc/libmap.conf
28 Download pms-generic-linux-unix-1.82.0.tgz and copy it to the mounted folder
29 tar xvfz pms-generic-linux-unix-1.82.0.tgz
30 mv pms-1.82.0 /var
31 cd /var/pms-1.82.0
32 sh PMS.sh
Maybe I did forget something, but it worked for me and running ps3 media server on my freenas box.
It''s my first so post so don't blame me to much if something doesn't add up.