How-To: PS3 Media Server on CentOS 6.x - It just works

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

How-To: PS3 Media Server on CentOS 6.x - It just works

Postby o1dm0n » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:25 pm

I found this great How-To for centOS users. I've installed PMS on many platforms but this install takes the cake. It works the first time.

http://sophiedogg.com/installing-ps3-me ... -centos-6/

Even the new Linux person should be able to follow it.
It sets up a system to be headless (run as a service with no GUI)

Great work SophieDog !!!
o1dm0n

Re: How-To: PS3 Media Server on CentOS 6.x - It just works

Postby Gauge » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:07 pm

Yeah, it's a good guide. A couple of points though (which I'll try to get her to include):

If you're using x86_64 CentOS then tsMuxeR will not work unless you also install glibc.i686 from base repository.

If you want subtitles to work then (I think) you also need to install freetype.i686 and get hold of some TrueType fonts to put in /usr/share/fonts/ so they can be referenced in PMS.conf.
Gauge

Re: How-To: PS3 Media Server on CentOS 6.x - It just works

Postby benand1985 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:12 pm

There was one thing that I did notice outside of the configuration and this was with the "Trans-coding Buffer". This was set to 600 or I set it to 600 for some reason and ran into issues with the playback of MP4s over my network. I then changed this to 100 and the issue appears to have cleared up with the buffer adjustment. Anyways, just my two cents as I found another site out there providing information on the UI tweeks but I cannot remember where but this was a good guide as well into some of the configuration values;

http://www.likertland.com/blog/2010/12/ ... iguration/
benand1985

Return to Linux/Unix Support