Strange behavior with 12.04 Ubuntu

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Strange behavior with 12.04 Ubuntu

Postby mhoyt » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:25 am

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Ubuntu system to 12.04. I also then installed the happy-neko package for PS3 Media Server.

Specifically PS3 Media Server version: 1.60.0+git+mencoder35003-1)(ppa:happy-neko)
Build: 281930efc

Since this upgrade most of my movies that I re-encoded with handbrake to .m4v files with AC3 audio and H.264 video are now showing up, when browsing the PS3 Media Server from my PS3, as annotated with "mencoder" which I presume means that PS3 Media Server is going to transcode the file. Before the upgrade, these files weren't transcoded and they streamed and played really smoothly. Now they lag terribly and are basically unwatchable.

Has anybody else seen this? Is there a possible issue with the version of the tools (mencoder etc.)? I noticed on the transcoder settings tab, under Video Files Engines, FFmpeg has a red X next to it. Is that my problem?

Any advice would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
mhoyt

Re: Strange behavior with 12.04 Ubuntu

Postby mhoyt » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:07 am

I solved the problem. Somehow the list of file extensions to skip transcoding setting was cleared.

Doh.
mhoyt

Return to Linux/Unix Support