No renderers found

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

No renderers found

Postby barnabyjones » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:37 pm

I had PS3 Media server working just find on Ubuntu 11.04 and one day it just stopped finding renderers. I tried everything on all of the post I could find and nothing works. I even reinstalled Ubuntu and upgraded to 12.04 LTS, and installed PS3 media server via the package that is available rather than compiling. I still cannot get it to find any renderers. I have checked the network issues and have found nothing. PS3 media server actually works when I run it from my laptop with no problems. The only difference is that my desktop is wired and the laptop is not. I can also ping the PS3 from my desktop. The trace log loads up normal and says "The server should now appear on your renderer". I do not know what to do and would like to get this to work. It was working and all of a sudden stopped one day without any changes. Are there any known software conflicts on Ubuntu that could be causing this problem? Can it be a hardware issue with my onboard nic (desktop is old)? Please help. Thanks!
barnabyjones

Re: No renderers found

Postby Seve » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:35 am

Do you have a firewall between your server and the PS3?

If so, disable it.

Also, check the settings from the PS3 end and see if searching for a mediaserver turns up any results?
Seve

Postby barnabyjones » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:36 am

I have disabled the firewall on ubuntu. The PS3 settings are searching for renderers. PS3MS can see the PS3 running from my laptop so I dont think it is not a router or PS3 issue.
barnabyjones

Postby lordfreak » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:53 pm

Have you set a ip in the configs for ps3 media server?
solved the problem for me.
Just run ifconfig on your server, write down the ip.
and in the config set this ip number, restart the media server.
lordfreak

Return to Linux/Unix Support