Adding Media From a Secondary HDD?

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Adding Media From a Secondary HDD?

Postby fuhrl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:15 am

I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere but here is my issue: I just switched to Ubuntu and I am trying to use the PS3 media server with it since I enjoyed the Windows version so much. I got the program up and running fine but my issue is with sharing folders. My problem is that all of my media is stored on a secondary hard drive (D:) separate of the drive I'm running the OS off of (C:) and I cannot figure out how to add them so that they can be streamed to my PS3. The drive (D:) is mounted and I can play all my media through the media player in the OS itself with no issues. As far a I can tell I can only add folders to the PS3 media server that are contained within the OS itself. I would just transfer the files into the drive the OS is on but I have it partitioned and only have a limited amount of space available. The Windows version would let me share the folders on my second hard drive with no fuss. I spent most of the day trying how to get the program to work so I hope I didn't waste all that time for nothing. :lol: Thanks for any help!
fuhrl

Re: Adding Media From a Secondary HDD?

Postby the_stalli0n » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:57 pm

Huh? ... if your secondary hard drive is mounted and accessible, you should be able to just add the path to it. If you're using ubuntu, then the mounted volumes should be in /media.
Open a terminal window and type "cd /media", then type "ls". That should show you all of the directories that the volumes are mounted at. You should also just be able to open the "My Computer" equivalent and right-click on the hard drives to see the information...
the_stalli0n

Re: Adding Media From a Secondary HDD?

Postby fuhrl » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:26 am

thanks. i found it in the /media.
fuhrl

Return to Linux/Unix Support