PS3 tsMuxeR problem Ubuntu 11.10 happy-neko PPA

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: PS3 tsMuxeR problem Ubuntu 11.10 happy-neko PPA

Postby agraju » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:38 am

FYI... I had the same problem where tsMuxeR is not working on Ubuntu12.04 & LinuxMint13 (both 64-bit versions). It seems tsMuxeR requires "ia32-libs" package, so installing this package seems to have resolved this issue. I have not tested any mkvs yet, but on the command prompt, running txMuxeR seems to be working.

~/pms-1.53.0/linux $ ./tsMuxeR
SmartLabs tsMuxeR. Version 1.10.6 http://www.smlabs.net
Usage:
For start muxing: tsMuxeR <meta file name> <out file/dir name>
For detect stream params: tsMuxeR <media file name>
For more information about meta file see readme.txt
agraju

Postby happy.neko » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:00 pm

agraju wrote:FYI... I had the same problem where tsMuxeR is not working on Ubuntu12.04 & LinuxMint13 (both 64-bit versions). It seems tsMuxeR requires "ia32-libs" package, so installing this package seems to have resolved this issue. I have not tested any mkvs yet, but on the command prompt, running txMuxeR seems to be working.

Have you installed my package from PPA or use generic linux tar from site? Because my package should install all tsmuxer dependencies automatically.
ia32-libs is deprecated on Ubuntu 12.04 in favor of multi-arch libs. It'll work as workaround but will install hundreds of unnecessary libs (actually it installs 32bit versions of all popular libraries).
happy.neko
Project Member

Postby agraju » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:14 am

No, I have not tried your PPA. It was a direct download of the tar file from the site.I will try your PPA next time when I setup a new ubuntu VM, since I have already installed ia32-libs on my current ubuntu setup. I did notice though that this package installed tons of libraries which are probably not required for tsmuxer. I may have bloated my system, but I am happy that tsmuxer is back working.

Thanks, Raju
agraju

Postby bobbygolucky » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:00 pm

For the record I had the same (or similar) problem with the 1.53 on Mac. On 1.52 my files were playing great. On 1.53 they were all of the sudden stuttering if it caught up to the buffer. When trying to figure out why I realized the priority switched tsMuxeR below MEncoder, and things were being transcoded. When I switched it back to tsMuxeR it said the files were corrupt. Not realizing I could do the ->no transcoding thing, I downgraded to 1.52 and everything was happy again. Maybe the same issue?
bobbygolucky

Postby nubs » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:08 pm

I know this is an old thread - but I want to add that I just installed fresh ubuntu 12.04 lts, and have the very same problem with tsmuxer, same error messages and so on.

I tried adding ia32-libs (others have suggested this was a problem), that didn't matter, as it shouldn't.

This is an mkv file, I can play it fine on an android devices with a player via upnp for example, local and so on.

I ran tsmuxer on the file manually to create an m2ts file, and that played fine. So it's not that tsmuxer is "broken", it's something with doing it on the fly with this paa.
nubs

Postby happy.neko » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Try to disable Transcoding settings -> MEncoder -> Remux videos with tsmuxer when possible.
happy.neko
Project Member

Postby nubs » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:37 am

I already tried that after reading that in a separate thread, no difference really.

But, to be clear - mencoder versions of the files work fine, though they mostly look pretty bad, and have sync problems. The ffmpeg streams are OK. It's just the tsMuxer 'default' streams that usually don't work. But those streams seem ideal for quality when they do work on a few files.

These non-working files are dvd's converted to mkv with makemkv. I tried removing alternate audio tracks, subtitles, and so on, and it doesn't work. I do have a few mkv files that work. Main differences I see in the files via mediainfo:

Field Working / Not working file
Overall bit rate mode: (None listed) / Variable
Video Format AVC / MPEG (v 2)
profile high@L3.1 / Main@Main
codec ID V_MPEG4/ISO/AV / V_MPEG2
frame rate 23.97 / 29.97
(neither are variable frame rate)

Audio is AC3 for both

So I tried simply using tsmuxer directly to create a bunch of m2ts files for the playstation. The problem there is these mkv files seem to mostly have 'vobsub' subtitles, and this makes tsmuxer puke. Ok, I use mkvmerge to remove the subtitles and other unneeded tracks and it mostly works. Except when you need subtitles, then I'm stuck.

Anyway, it's impressive that stuff works as well as it does. And no one should understimate the value of good packaging and simple install. I have no problem building software from scratch but the ppa is really ideal. Good work!
nubs

Previous

Return to Linux/Unix Support