ubuntu system tray issues

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

ubuntu system tray issues

Postby karLcx » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:17 am

Hello,
I had a quick search in the forum and wasn't able to find anyone with the same issue as this, apologies if it's been discussed already.

I am using ubuntu 11.10 with the latest deb package from http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13046

my issue that is for some reason, the ps3mediaserver is not showing in my system tray whatsoever. Other programs are using it fine, but not this one. This is annoying, but with the resulting problem that I had configured the program to minimise on start - and so how have no way of accessing the configuration main window.

the server itself seems to work fine and is serving media left and right across my network without problem, but it would be great if i could access the configuration again. even if i could manually edit the setting to minimise on start.

does anyone have any advice? (im new and rather noob, but grateful. plz be nice). :)
karLcx

Re: ubuntu system tray issues

Postby happy.neko » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:30 am

Try
Code: Select all
killall java
gedit ~/.config/ps3mediaserver/PMS.conf

search for "minimized =" and change it to "minimized = false".
happy.neko
Project Member

Postby karLcx » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:30 pm

thanks a lot, that's solved that. now just need to fix the absent tray icon... but i think probably an ubuntu issue rather than a pms issue.

karLcx

Postby happy.neko » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:58 pm

Yeah, looks like Ubuntu or Unity bug. I'm using Gnome Classic, no problems with tray icon.
happy.neko
Project Member

Postby karLcx » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:57 am

yeah, i really need to get some gnome happening. unity is driving me nuts.
karLcx

Return to Linux/Unix Support