IMDB plugin displaying wrong info

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

IMDB plugin displaying wrong info

Postby ljgibbs » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:21 pm

I just got the mediainfo working. My problem is that on many of my movie and tv-series it gets the wrong info from IMDB. I corrected it on some by adding year to the movie title for example. Is there another way to provide PMS with the correct url to the movie/tv-series? i tried adding an NFO-file with the correct url in the same folder as the file, i also tried adding a .url shortcut to the folder, but it doesnt work.

Anyone have any tips about this?

Thanks!

Stefan
ljgibbs

Re: IMDB plugin displaying wrong info

Postby ljgibbs » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:02 am

bump
ljgibbs

Postby ExSport » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:11 am

There is thread regarding MovieInfo plugin so post it there and not here.
My last update logs "Search Links/Strings" in Debug.log so you can exactly see why your movie/TV series are not found. Also you should use correctly filters etc.
About .nfo file, it works as it should. If you will add correct link there it will load correct info. Search my lastest posts in that thread.
ExSport

Postby ljgibbs » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Ok Thanks ExSport.

I have seen various nfo-files, i just created an empty one and added the link to the movie there, http://link, but it doesnt read the file... Is the nfo-file supposed to be a certain way regarding to content, or is the link sufficient? Oh and btw, of course i named it "moviename.nfo" (without the quotes)

Stefan
ljgibbs

Postby ExSport » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:12 pm

I mentioned new version so use it for more debugging ;)
Anyway nfo filename has to be same as moviename so for:
Code: Select all
Transformers-BDrip-DTS.mkv
you have to name nfo file this way:
Transformers-BDrip-DTS.nfo

Also if you are using Windows and files extensions are hidden(default) you have to be sure your filename is not
Transformers-BDrip-DTS.nfo.txt

Structure of the file is not relevant, so pure http link to movie is enough.
ExSport

Postby ljgibbs » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Ok thanks. I cant seem to get movieinfo to read the nfo file i created..... Is there somewhere in the conf file for movieinfo i have to add that it shud also seacrh nfo files? the debug-log doesnt say anything bout nfo file, only the search string sent to google, and the result. Which in my testcase is "Good night and good luck", while the movie is "State of Grace" :D
ljgibbs

Return to Linux/Unix Support