sony bravia does not display WEB TV icon

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

sony bravia does not display WEB TV icon

Postby lorenzo23 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi!
I run Ubuntu 11.10 together with a DLNA Sony Bravia TV KDL 40WE5. I do not have a PS3 or Xbox at all.
I'm running fine serviio, but I wanted some more features, e.g. live stream of sopcast for watching football through the DLNA directly on the TV.
So I turned to PS3 Mediaserver, I installed it, decided the folders containing my media files, indicated the priority of mencoderwebvideo video engine and so on.
I noticed that the PMS.conf is lacking in the linux version.
On Bravia, the icon of PS3 Mediaserver displays in the XBM menu, I can enjoy my media files under the proper folders, but the icon of Web TV does not display in the XBM menu of Bravia TV.
I configured the web.conf to include at the end of the string
videostream.Web,TVs=SOPCAST,http://127.0.0.1:8902
I launched the sopcast from shell, something like: /sp-sc-auth sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/92997 3908 8902 > /dev/null &
This should result in a stream video from the 8902 port, I can watch it indeed from VLC, but when I switch on the Bravia, I do not see anything, neither an icon nor a folder where I can select my live stream video.
I installed the plugins pmsencoder and tv_plug, resulting in a new folder called "channels" in the XBM, under the icon of ps3mediaserver (do not know actually which one of the two defined the new folder...), with a lot of channels, bu again no web TV icon to select my sopcast live stream.
Any help?
thanks
lorenzo23

Re: sony bravia does not display WEB TV icon

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:21 pm

chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby lorenzo23 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:12 pm

ok, thank you for the implict suggestions ;)..but normally should a Web/TV icon appear under the menu of the ps3mediaserver in the XBM bar?
thanks
lorenzo23

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:10 pm

The Web folder won't appear unless you have a WEB.conf file in the profile directory. It's not placed there by default:

https://ps3mediaserver.googlecode.com/s ... r/WEB.conf
chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to Linux/Unix Support