Compile of PS3 Media Server on Fedora 15

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Compile of PS3 Media Server on Fedora 15

Postby Schorschi » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:28 am

I am using the build script... build-pms-linux.sh. Environment is... OS is Fedora 15, I installed gcc make git-core, libtool freetype-devel and ncurses-devel and everything seems to be going fine until I hit the following wall, see below. I am not all that familar with ncurses, so not sure what to make of this error. What is odd, is the directory that is reported missing appears to be there under src/ncurses-5.9 I do see a subdirectory entitled c++. I am sure someone has compiled PS3 MS on Fedora before, right? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Schor-

---

ranlib ../lib/libform_g.a
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ps3mediaserver-read-only/ps3mediaserver/contrib/src/ncurses-5.9/form'
cd test && /usr/bin/make DESTDIR="" libs
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/ps3mediaserver-read-only/ps3mediaserver/contrib/src/ncurses-5.9/test'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `libs'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ps3mediaserver-read-only/ps3mediaserver/contrib/src/ncurses-5.9/test'
cd c++ && /usr/bin/make DESTDIR="" libs
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/ps3mediaserver-read-only/ps3mediaserver/contrib/src/ncurses-5.9/c++'
cd ../objects; -I../c++ -I../include -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DNDEBUG -I. -I../include -I/root/ps3mediaserver-read-only/ps3mediaserver/contrib/target/include/ncurses -march=core2 -I/root/ps3mediaserver-read-only/ps3mediaserver/contrib/target/include -c ../c++/cursesf.cc
/bin/sh: -I../c++: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [../objects/cursesf.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ps3mediaserver-read-only/ps3mediaserver/contrib/src/ncurses-5.9/c++'
make: *** [libs] Error 2
Fatal error occurred, aborting build.
Schorschi
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: Compile of PS3 Media Server on Fedora 15

Postby renszarv » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:30 am

Schorschi wrote:I am using the build script... build-pms-linux.sh. Environment is... OS is Fedora 15, I installed gcc make git-core, libtool freetype-devel and ncurses-devel and everything seems to be going fine until I hit the following wall, see below. I am not all that familar with ncurses, so not sure what to make of this error. What is odd, is the directory that is reported missing appears to be there under src/ncurses-5.9 I do see a subdirectory entitled c++. I am sure someone has compiled PS3 MS on Fedora before, right? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Schor-

---

ranlib ../lib/libform_g.a
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ps3mediaserver-read-only/ps3mediaserver/contrib/src/ncurses-5.9/form'
cd test && /usr/bin/make DESTDIR="" libs
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/ps3mediaserver-read-only/ps3mediaserver/contrib/src/ncurses-5.9/test'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `libs'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ps3mediaserver-read-only/ps3mediaserver/contrib/src/ncurses-5.9/test'
cd c++ && /usr/bin/make DESTDIR="" libs
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/ps3mediaserver-read-only/ps3mediaserver/contrib/src/ncurses-5.9/c++'
cd ../objects; -I../c++ -I../include -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DNDEBUG -I. -I../include -I/root/ps3mediaserver-read-only/ps3mediaserver/contrib/target/include/ncurses -march=core2 -I/root/ps3mediaserver-read-only/ps3mediaserver/contrib/target/include -c ../c++/cursesf.cc
/bin/sh: -I../c++: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [../objects/cursesf.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ps3mediaserver-read-only/ps3mediaserver/contrib/src/ncurses-5.9/c++'
make: *** [libs] Error 2
Fatal error occurred, aborting build.


Where have you got the source ? PS3 Media Server is a mostly java project, we don't have ncurses, or other C code ...
renszarv
Project Member
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:37 pm

Re: Compile of PS3 Media Server on Fedora 15

Postby Raptor399 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:41 pm

renszarv wrote:Where have you got the source ? PS3 Media Server is a mostly java project, we don't have ncurses, or other C code ...

This is output from the "contrib/build-pms-binaries.sh" script. Among other things it downloads and compiles the ncurses library.

The script is provided 'as is'. Meaning: if one of the libraries bugs on you, you'll probably have to try and come up with a solution yourself. Or if you're lucky someone else here will know the answer.
Raptor399
Project Member
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Compile of PS3 Media Server on Fedora 15

Postby renszarv » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Raptor399 wrote:
renszarv wrote:Where have you got the source ? PS3 Media Server is a mostly java project, we don't have ncurses, or other C code ...

This is output from the "contrib/build-pms-binaries.sh" script. Among other things it downloads and compiles the ncurses library.

The script is provided 'as is'. Meaning: if one of the libraries bugs on you, you'll probably have to try and come up with a solution yourself. Or if you're lucky someone else here will know the answer.



Ohh, I see. Sorry.

It's a little bit strange to host that script to build someone else project. Especially ncurses, which is installed on every unix derivatives for more than 20 years :)
renszarv
Project Member
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:37 pm


Return to Linux/Unix Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests