Headless Ubuntu Lucid, Samsung TV with ISO's

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Headless Ubuntu Lucid, Samsung TV with ISO's

Postby doctur » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi All,

After numerous attempts of installing on headless ubuntu lucid (LTS) I finally got it to work. I have 2 samsung TV's and neither of them can play the ISO's.
I can see the unzipped ISO fine in the DLNA but I always get that format is not supported.

I checked the debug.log file in /var/logs/pms-linux/root folder and it is empty. Can anyone help me?
doctur

Re: Headless Ubuntu Lucid, Samsung TV with ISO's

Postby meskibob » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:37 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby doctur » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:39 pm

1- Your computer specs (cpu, memory, O/S) and the precise version of PMS that you're using (eg 1.10.51 or r409, not "latest version")
i5 hp with 8GB Ram and Ubuntu Server lucid 10.04.3 O/S (no gui, clean install and nothing else installed). PMS version 1.50.0

2- Device you are streaming to (PS3, XBox360, etc) and the .conf file if using a custom renderer profile
Samsung TVs. LCD. 2009 u series model and 2010 c series model.

3- Your local network setup (WAN/ISP bandwidth does not matter) including connection type (Wifi, homeplugs, 100mbit ethernet, gigabit) and what you're connected through (direct connection, switch, router) --> e.g. PC <-Wifi G-> Linksys WRT54G Router <-100mbps-> PS3
PC -> Netgear router -> TV (Wired)

4- Which engine you are using if you're transcoding (MEncoder, AviSynth/MEncoder, TSmuxer)
Default one. I am not sure how to change....

5- Detailed information on what is not working
ISO shows individual contents but when I click on the vob I get Format not supported on both.

6- A debug.log file excerpt or the whole file - http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtop ... 484#p38484
It is blank. I have not changed any defaults. Not sure how to get it to get filled.

7- The text output from MediaInfo (it's a program, click the link) can usually help figure out what's going on if you're having issues with a specific file or file type.
/var/log does not have any logs starting with MediaInfo.

* m fairly new to ubuntu/linux area but am a bit cluey so a bit of help will go a long way!
doctur

Postby doctur » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Here is a copy of my PMS.conf. Not sure if this helps...
Code: Select all
folders = \/data\/nas
hostname =
port =
language =
thumbnails = true
thumbnail_seek_pos = 1
nbcores = 2
turbomode = false
minimized = false
hidevideosettings = false
usecache = false
charsetencoding = 850
engines = mencoder,avsmencoder,tsmuxer,mplayeraudio,ffmpegaudio,tsmuxeraudio,vlcvideo,mencoderwebvideo,mplayervideodump,mplayerwebaudio,vlcaudio,ffmpegdvrmsremux
autoloadsrt = true
avisynth_convertfps = true
avisynth_script = #AviSynth script is now fully customisable !\u0001#You must use the following variables (\"clip\" being the avisynth variable of the movie):\u0001#<movie>: insert the complete DirectShowSource instruction [ clip=DirectShowSource(movie, convertfps) ]\u0001#<sub>: insert the complete TextSub\/VobSub instruction if there's any detected srt\/sub\/idx\/ass subtitle file\u0001#<moviefilename>: variable of the movie filename, if you want to do all this by yourself\u0001#Be careful, the custom script MUST return the clip object\u0001<movie>\u0001<sub>\u0001return clip
transcode_block_multiple_connections = false
tsmuxer_forcefps = true
tsmuxer_preremux_pcm = false
tsmuxer_preremux_ac3 = false
audiochannels = 6
audiobitrate = 384
maximumbitrate = 0
skiploopfilter = false
enable_archive_browsing = false
mencoder_fontconfig = false
mencoder_font =
mencoder_forcefps = false
mencoder_usepcm = false
mencoder_intelligent_sync = true
mencoder_decode =
mencoder_encode = keyint=5:vqscale=1:vqmin=2
mencoder_vobsub_subtitle_quality = 3
mencoder_overscan_compensation_width = 0
mencoder_overscan_compensation_height = 0
mencoder_nooutofsync = true
mencoder_audiolangs = fre,jpn,ger,eng
mencoder_sublangs = fre,eng
mencoder_audiosublangs =
mencoder_subfribidi = false
mencoder_ass_scale = 1.0
mencoder_ass_margin = 10
mencoder_ass_outline = 1
mencoder_ass_shadow = 1
mencoder_noass_scale = 3
mencoder_noass_subpos = 2
mencoder_noass_blur = 1
mencoder_noass_outline = 1
mencoder_subcp = cp1252
mencoder_ass = true
mencoder_disablesubs = false
mencoder_yadif = false
mencoder_scaler = false
mencoder_scalex = 0
mencoder_scaley = 0
ffmpeg = -g 1 -qscale 1 -qmin 2
doctur

Postby doctur » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:33 pm

hey meskibob,

i have added the details you requested...can you help?

thanks!
doctur

Postby meskibob » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:59 pm

If the debug.log isn't populating then something is wrong with your permissions or your install. I don't use Linux so I can't really give you any more details there. As for mediainfo, re-read that item in the guidelines and click the associated link to actually download the program.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to Linux/Unix Support