Transcoding error OpenSolaris/OpenIndiana

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Transcoding error OpenSolaris/OpenIndiana

Postby Polyphemus » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi guys,

In my ongoing struggle to get PMS working on OpenIndiana (Solaris derivate) I finally managed to get stuff working.

Unfortunately, when I want to stream a .mkv I get an error in debug.log and the server is unable to stream the content:

[New I/O server worker #1-1] ERROR 14:55:41.564 null
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "23,976"

Seems to me that it has something to do with locale settings, because a '.' in eg. America is the same as a ',' in Europe and vice versa.

Can I change the locale of Java or something?

Thanks! :D
Polyphemus

Re: Transcoding error OpenSolaris/OpenIndiana

Postby taconaut » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Have you got a line number where this exception comes from, I'd be curious to know if it is a Double.valueOf or something like that throwing it. Probably you're right with your assumption.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Polyphemus » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Well, if you can tell me how to retrieve the line number, I'm happy to give you that :)

The complete Java error is as follows (3 times):

Code: Select all
[New I/O server worker #1-4] ERROR 16:53:45.248 null
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "23,976"
        at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:1222) ~[na:1.6.0_26]
        at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(Double.java:510) ~[na:1.6.0_26]
        at net.pms.dlna.DLNAMediaInfo.getValidFps(DLNAMediaInfo.java:963) ~[pms.jar:na]
        at net.pms.encoders.MEncoderVideo.launchTranscode(MEncoderVideo.java:1174) [pms.jar:na]
        at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.getInputStream(DLNAResource.java:1368) [pms.jar:na]
        at net.pms.network.RequestV2.answer(RequestV2.java:287) [pms.jar:na]
        at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.writeResponse(RequestHandlerV2.java:255) [pms.jar:na]
        at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.messageReceived(RequestHandlerV2.java:225) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.handleUpstream(SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.java:80) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:545) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$DefaultChannelHandlerContext.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:754) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.stream.ChunkedWriteHandler.handleUpstream(ChunkedWriteHandler.java:148) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:545) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$DefaultChannelHandlerContext.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:754) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpChunkAggregator.messageReceived(HttpChunkAggregator.java:116) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.handleUpstream(SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.java:80) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:302) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.unfoldAndfireMessageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:522) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:506) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:443) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:540) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:274) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:261) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:349) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioWorker.java:280) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:200) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108) [pms.jar:na]
        at org.jboss.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:44) [pms.jar:na]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) [na:1.6.0_26]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) [na:1.6.0_26]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [na:1.6.0_26]

Hope it helps you!
Last edited by chocolateboy on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reformatted: http://tinyurl.com/4294qo2
Polyphemus

Postby taconaut » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:15 pm

It is indeed Double.parseDouble(frameRate) throwing the exception. parseDouble calls Double.valueOf method. Unfortunatly I've only got the reason, but not the solution..
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Polyphemus » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Thanks for your quick reply.

I made a new issue at PMS project: http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... il?id=1278

Maybe they have a solution.
Polyphemus

Postby Raptor399 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:56 pm

If you look closely, it's probably a localization problem:

Code: Select all
ava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "23,976"
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:1222) ~[na:1.6.0_26]
at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(Double.java:510) ~[na:1.6.0_26]

That's "23,976" (with a comma) instead of "23.976" (with a dot).
There's probably a solution for this.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:07 am

I was rather hoping their is a localization setting in the OS then having to change evry call to parseValue or valueOf for numerical values. It must be pretty uncommen to encode doubles this way as it's the first time I hear of the problem.
Who is returing this frame rate? is it coming from the mencoder output parsing?
taconaut
Project Member

Return to Linux/Unix Support