How to put PS3MS to WD myBook World Edition

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

How to put PS3MS to WD myBook World Edition

Postby LukeSky » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:17 pm

Hello,

There is a news product: http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=587
There is TwonkyMedia Server preinstalled. My question is, it is possible to switch it for a better soft like PS3 MS?

I think there is a linux on board. I reed that some users hack the first release of this product.
LukeSky

Re: How to put PS3MS to WD myBook World Edition

Postby the_stalli0n » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 pm

I don't have one of those myself, but you'll eventually want to look at this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=486

First though, you should hack your myBook, and play around with linux on it. you should be able to set up SSH and use ipkg to install additional software. There are Wikis and tutorials for doing that; have a look around...
the_stalli0n

Postby LukeSky » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:03 am

Ho, ho, so I need lost of skills, to do that. For now I think this is not for me till PSMS will can stream h.2x with subtitles without transcoding it. Mybook is not a good think to do that :( not enough power.
LukeSky

Postby Kaisser74 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:55 am

Hello!!

I have one of the new W.D. ethernet disk.

The disk is great, but The Twonky server...... :oops: firstly it don´t have support to cover arts :evil:

Somebody kwnows how to install PS3MS into W.D. ??' Some noob tutorial?? :roll:

Thanks!
Kaisser74

Return to Linux/Unix Support