Directory Stops Populating

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Directory Stops Populating

Postby JPizzle1122 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:05 am

First, a quick bit of background: I had PMS working 100% on my current setup -- subtitles, thumbnails, HD video, everything was clean. I had to do a clean install of Windows 7 last week... and somewhere in the mess, I must have mucked something up, because I'm having issues with the media server now - specifically:

When I load a directory of a couple hundred files, the list stops populating about 70% of the way through, usually stopping around the S's. I have no earthly clue what could be causing this, as I've had PMS function perfectly before with this same exact directory.

HD video files (.mkv, .mp4) often time-out and return a DLNA 2006 protocol error. Again, I have no idea how to fix either of these issues, despite lots of searching on these forums.

I'm not very hopefully I'll find an answer - but if you can help, please reply -- I would be incredibly grateful.

- Jon
JPizzle1122

Re: Directory Stops Populating

Postby taconaut » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:12 am

Any new anti virus or other software that might slow down disk access compared to before? Have a look at the debug.log file to see if pms says that anything is going wrong.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Return to General Discussion