Quick question about ps3ms and psn.

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Quick question about ps3ms and psn.

Postby cyphead » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi all
This maybe a stupid question but just wanted to verify first, is it safe to have ps3mediaserver on the ps3 and be able to play games online. Just wanted to make sure i wont get banned on playstation network for having this software.
Thanks in advance and thanks for the makers of this software.
cyphead

Re: Quick question about ps3ms and psn.

Postby meskibob » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:09 pm

a) You don't install PMS on the PS3. It goes on another computer in your network.
b) It's using the standard DLNA media server functionality provided by the PS3, which has no connection to the PSN anyways.

Please read the How To's for a better idea of what this program actually does - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507 (there are links in the first post)
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Quick question about ps3ms and psn.

Postby cyphead » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:40 pm

Thanks for the reply, i did have a look at the how to's but could not find anything that was specific to my question.
My main concern was that even when i exited from ps3mediaserver from my pc the the icon's still appeared on my ps3, and therefore was unsure if it ban me from psn because of watching certain avi's, cough cough.
Thanks for your help and reassurance, this program is a great find.
cyphead

Return to General Discussion