Latest Windows/Linux beta build discussion

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PS3MS latest build discussion

Postby cmatte » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:18 am

That's what I thought time ago when I instead was successfully able to do it with many transcoded items, even HD ones in mkv format. Gotta say my PC is a QuadCore Q9300 2.5, 2x2 GB ram @ 1100mhz, running the great Windows 7 x64, so actually, correct me if I'm wrong, I think it should be able to handle this, if not 300x at least 10x and 30x should work! I think the problem is another, because also the Go To function you mentioned just does the same: locks everything. The scene research (square) makes an error appear saying there is no content to play (or something similar). As I said, another strange thing is that when I exit the play with circle than I can't play the same movie again because it locks while trying to start from the point I left the movie. Actually I tried to go back to the stable version of PS3MS and the problem stays. It could be related to the particular mkv, I'll check out tomorrow, it's late here, good night ;)
cmatte

Postby Silver » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:22 am

Ya, gotcha except I have wired my AP to the PS3 so I am getting "N" Speeds... :)

LiquidCooled wrote:
Silver wrote:I have had a wireless N access point now for 6 months and I never get stuttering anymore :)

Just to clarify, the ps3 uses wireless g and cannot access n but most wireless n access points manage a higher bandwidth than standard wireless g. I have one too and your right it does work better.
For Honor and Glory,
Silver
Silver

Postby lettcco » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:30 pm

Hi,

I am running the beta 356 on my ps3 2.76. I have a question...
is it a bug or a known fact that you cannot jump using "goto" if the media file is rar-up? it always goes back to the beginning of the file no matter what i use--tsmuxer or memcoder
lettcco

Postby hollovoid7 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:08 am

With the latest revision (356) I get video stalling out quite frequently with any video (eg does it just as much with 1080p as it does with standard def). I am running windows 7, it is being run as administrator, tried as standard user as well. I am running a c2duo 8400 (3.0ghz) with 4gb of ram, and edition of windows is 64bit. Running on drives that are 7200rpm, with a primary drive at 10000k rpm. I am running direct ethernet, and not even coming close to making the line out (showing usage at 25% with 1080p movies, and less than 50% processor usage at most). I have coreavc installed, and have mencoder ticked to use multiprocessor.

Other things I noticed, the stalling happens towards the beginning of the videos, and subsides further into playback, the buffer does not look to be running out, which is kind of puzzling. Also navigation of directories seem unbearably slow, sometimes taking up to 2 mins to display one video in a directory, and this is with the whole library rebuilt and rescanned, so should be cached right? Also running ps3 firmware version 2.80.
hollovoid7

Postby Casina » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:57 pm

hollovoid7 wrote:With the latest revision (356) I get video stalling out quite frequently with any video (eg does it just as much with 1080p as it does with standard def). I am running windows 7, it is being run as administrator, tried as standard user as well. I am running a c2duo 8400 (3.0ghz) with 4gb of ram, and edition of windows is 64bit. Running on drives that are 7200rpm, with a primary drive at 10000k rpm. I am running direct ethernet, and not even coming close to making the line out (showing usage at 25% with 1080p movies, and less than 50% processor usage at most). I have coreavc installed, and have mencoder ticked to use multiprocessor.

Other things I noticed, the stalling happens towards the beginning of the videos, and subsides further into playback, the buffer does not look to be running out, which is kind of puzzling. Also navigation of directories seem unbearably slow, sometimes taking up to 2 mins to display one video in a directory, and this is with the whole library rebuilt and rescanned, so should be cached right? Also running ps3 firmware version 2.80.

I am running the EXACT same setup, with EXACT same issues. Although, I do not have coreavc installed. Otherwise, exact. 10.000RPM on my primary OS-drive as well. Still, no luck. Getting stuttering not transcoding, and transcoding makes me unable to use "Go to", and also stutters after a while. Going back to use an older version as this one clearly isn't stable at all. Never had theese kind of issues.
Casina

Postby hollovoid7 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:40 pm

I reverted to the stable build and no more pauses, I even cranked my quality to losless and max rate to unlimited with DTS in stream for optical. I didnt see any errors in traces with the new build to explain why it would freeze so was wondering, is there other places to look for an explanation, or to help you guys out in figuring this out?
hollovoid7

Postby kalel90 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:13 am

Ok i have a problem that i think might be related to mencoder. Basically when i try to stream and convert flv's from youtube etc. it says corrupt data so the tinkerer i am decided to try a new mencoder build and when i tried to stream it with this new build it partially works the video plays but it looks really weird kinda black and white and sideways. Any ideas on why flvs wont stream properly shagrath? <----- happened on the xbox 360

Also the video plays with similar weird problems if i disable the switch to tsmuxer option instead of not playing at all on the ps3.

Also im using the latest beta but its the same problem in stable too.

Also of note mplayer takes perfect screenshots of it so thats weird.
kalel90

Postby ultratoto14 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:05 am

I also had freeze problem with latests builds (i'm on sources), even on my core I7, reencoding a tv serie with subtitles hog one of my core and it's not enough to fill the buffer. Rename mencoder_mt.exe to mencoder.exe and now no problem, reencoding the same tv serie take 5% of my CPU. (Win Server 2008 x64)
ultratoto14

Postby strictlyfocused » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:01 am

strictlyfocused wrote:Im still having the issue where my buffer takes significantly longer to fill using the beta versions (345->356) than it does with the latest stable version.

--> Earlier Post regarding this issue. The only difference from my previous post is that Im now using Mencoder as my transcoding engine instead of Avisynth/Mencoder.

FIXED IT!!!

I went into my XBOX360.conf and tweaked these two settings:

Code: Select all
DefaultVBVBufSize=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0

The buffer fills faster than it ever has before (even faster than 1.10.51) and all my videos still play fine. As soon as I change those two settings back the issue with the buffer filling extremely slowly returns. When only one tweak is applied without the other the buffer fills significantly faster versus the defaults, but not near as fast when both tweaks are applied.
Last edited by strictlyfocused on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
strictlyfocused

PS3MS latest build discussion

Postby kingnellie » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:05 am

Don't mean to sound like an idiot but where would I find build 1.10.625 . Would like to update but can't find it.
kingnellie

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds