Sun microsystems

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Sun microsystems

Postby lebupata » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:37 am

Sun microsystems and whatnot? does anyone know why i cant download JDK 6 from sun microsystems? when i go to the download page i get a page error. if someone has it can it be emailed to me? or, is it available on any thrid party places?
Last edited by lebupata on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
lebupata

Re: Sun microsystems

Postby devildog93 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Maybe your browser. If using Chrome, try IE....or vice versa. Maybe a browser extension or addon is blocking a pop up or something.

Or try this link. It's called OldApps. I use this myself because it's easy to find older versions if you need. I find the Oracle and Sun sites confusing as hell, this site keeps even the newest versions posted (new and old on same page) , and you can also find nearly ANY program or app's various releases. Basically, if it's a mainstream app or program that has been released and you can think of it, you should be able to find it here. Not guaranteed, but highly likely. Java can be found here for sure though.
http://www.oldapps.com/java.php

This site is bookmarked for me. Extremely handy

For video editing programs, I use Videohelp.com . Just go there and use search when looking for muxing or converting programs.
devildog93

Postby Kreig415 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:16 am

Last edited by Kreig415 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kreig415

Postby devildog93 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Really?! I was giving the guy another option. And the java site is confusing. Oldapps has all versions on one page.
I gave him a direct link to a page full of different java versions including the latest. Your link goes ONLY to the latest.

No sh*t you go to java.com. As I stated, those sites are confusing and trying to get older versions is a step and a half. Where are oldapps has all versions on one page. That's why I told him that. The first page on Java.com is the newest version download. Then it takes hunting. The next page (after selecting All Java downloads here, doesn't actually go to "all java downloads") only gives new version in your choice of OS platforms. Where do you go from there? I have spent alot of time trying these sites and the easiest, quickest way to find any version of java you need, for any bit system.....and its all on one page.......
http://www.oldapps.com/java.php

THAT is why I gave him that suggestion, and specifically this link.

Never mind all the other programs you can find EASILY on that site.

Thanks though
devildog93

Return to General Discussion