Using Drobo FS (NAS) with PS3 Media Server

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Using Drobo FS (NAS) with PS3 Media Server

Postby Tallessi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:29 am

I just bought a Drobo fs Network attached storage device and i am unable to get it to work. I mounted a drive from the NAS and added my movies folder to it. Then i added that drive as a shared folder within PMS. When i access it on the PS3 through PMS it recognizes the drive then my movies folder but nothing inside. Please Help. Thank you. Also my movies are mostly transcodes so i have to run it through a Media server.
Tallessi

Re: Using Drobo FS (NAS) with PS3 Media Server

Postby meskibob » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:51 am

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Tallessi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:26 am

ok thanks
Tallessi

Postby Tallessi » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:43 am

Ive got the Drobo FS working now. PMS will work with the Drobo but it seems to take longer to populate the folder list than with a external hard drive. The Drobo is connected through its Gigabit ethernet cord to my d-link Gigabit switch but my computer does not have a Gigabit ethernet card so....... Is this the reason it seems to be slower? This week I will update my computers card to Gigabit. Honestly I'm trying to find an alternate storage to externals hard drives. Something with plenty of storage and speed. If anyone has a great working set up like this let me know.
Tallessi

Return to General Discussion