PS3 Media Server v1.10.1

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.10.1

Postby jhovesen » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:07 am

Great release! Kudos!

On my system, transcoding lossless WMA is broken in this version though; it worked in the release before, 1.09 beta I think it was.

[Edit: Only broken if wma extension is added to the 'Force transcode for following extensions...']
jhovesen
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:06 am

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.10.1

Postby vf1sveritech » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:43 am

Having several problems. trying to get some mkv's to play, it calls linux/tsMuxeR which is executable, and is in the folder with PMS.sh

Code: Select all
-rwxr-xr-x 1 veritech users 353004 2008-04-04 16:07 ./Downloads/pms-linux-1.10.1/linux/tsMuxeR


but for some reason,

Code: Select all
[linux/tsMuxeR] 20:34:49.270 Fatal error in process starting: : Cannot run program "linux/tsMuxeR": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
[linux/tsMuxeR] TRACE 20:34:49.272 java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "linux/tsMuxeR": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
[linux/tsMuxeR] TRACE 20:34:49.273    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:459)
[linux/tsMuxeR] TRACE 20:34:49.273    at net.pms.io.ProcessWrapperImpl.run(ProcessWrapperImpl.java:83)
[linux/tsMuxeR] TRACE 20:34:49.274 Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
[linux/tsMuxeR] TRACE 20:34:49.274    at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:148)
[linux/tsMuxeR] TRACE 20:34:49.275    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:65)
[linux/tsMuxeR] TRACE 20:34:49.276    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:452)


Also subtitles aren't playing as well and the config file hasn't been touched in that area.

shagrath wrote:can you try to force the font used ? (mencoder conf panel -> truetype font). choose the arial ttf font from the Windows\Fonts folder

I don't see where you can force fonts. And going into the #Transcode# folder didnt help any.
vf1sveritech
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:58 am

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.10.1

Postby warpkari » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:37 am

hi,
any word on mkv subtitles not working on XBOX ?

thanks
warpkari
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:25 am

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.10.1

Postby shagrath » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:29 pm

vf1sveritech wrote:I don't see where you can force fonts. And going into the #Transcode# folder didnt help any.


Trasncoding settings->Mencoder->"Specific TrueType Font"->little button with dots
shagrath
Project Lead
 
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.10.1

Postby Topguy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:37 pm

vf1sveritech wrote:Having several problems. trying to get some mkv's to play, it calls linux/tsMuxeR which is executable, and is in the folder with PMS.sh

Code: Select all
-rwxr-xr-x 1 veritech users 353004 2008-04-04 16:07 ./Downloads/pms-linux-1.10.1/linux/tsMuxeR


but for some reason,

Code: Select all
[linux/tsMuxeR] 20:34:49.270 Fatal error in process starting: : Cannot run program "linux/tsMuxeR": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory




I'm guessing that you start PMS from another directory than "./Downloads/pms-linux-1.10.1".
Topguy
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:27 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.10.1

Postby oldjoe » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:00 pm

Anyone having problems with subs too in 1.10.1? My hearing is poor, so I am absolutely dependant on that, but it seems that subtitle support is completely broken in 1.10.1:

- Auload srt/sub subtitles with the same file name does not work at all (tried with and without ass/ssa subtitles)
- MKV subtitles only selects the first subtitle track, not from the order I have typed in the PMS options
oldjoe
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.10.1

Postby shagrath » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:30 pm

oldjoe wrote:Anyone having problems with subs too in 1.10.1? My hearing is poor, so I am absolutely dependant on that, but it seems that subtitle support is completely broken in 1.10.1:

- Auload srt/sub subtitles with the same file name does not work at all (tried with and without ass/ssa subtitles)
- MKV subtitles only selects the first subtitle track, not from the order I have typed in the PMS options


can you post detailed settings you put in there ? (audio, subtitles priority, subtitles/audio, etc.)
shagrath
Project Lead
 
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.10.1

Postby oldjoe » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:45 pm

shagrath wrote:can you post detailed settings you put in there ? (audio, subtitles priority, subtitles/audio, etc.)

These are the settings I am using:

- Audio language priority: eng,nl,nederlands,fre,ger,jap,jpn,no,norsk,und (audio works fine, usually the MKVs I use only have 1 or at most 2 language to pick from anyway)
- Subtitle language priority: eng,english,no,norsk,und (for example, the test MKV I am using have Dutch and English subtitles, but picks dutch every time even tho it's not in the priority list at all)
- Audio/subtitles language priority (is empty, same setting as I used in 1.04)
- ASS/SSA subtitles (tried both on/off, if I turn off doesn't seem to work with MKVs)
- Fontconfig/Embedded fonts (tried both on/off, usually have it off)
- Use ASS default style (off)
- Autoload srt/sub (always on, but doesn't seem to work in 1.10.1)

- Switch to tsmuxer when h264 video is ps3 compatible and there's no configured subs (is turned on, does this have anything to do with it?)
oldjoe
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.10.1

Postby alexis2044 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:49 pm

Got problems with mkv playback, Mencoder stops working after a few Mbytes are buffered.

Attached is the debug.log
Look for example at Milk.mkv

I saw at some points it states "[win32/mencoder_mt.exe] TRACE 23:22:48.836 Process G:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server\win32\mencoder_mt.exe has a return code of 255! Maybe an error occured... check the log file"

Normal avis and mpegs play flawlessly, mkvs have this problem.

Reverting to 1.04 for now...

Edit here it is http://rapidshare.com/files/206192553/debug_-_Copy.rar
alexis2044
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.10.1

Postby vf1sveritech » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:23 pm

Topguy wrote:I'm guessing that you start PMS from another directory than "./Downloads/pms-linux-1.10.1".


beem busy and can't currently try it. But am I to understand that I need to change to the directory with PMS.sh in it? Cause usually I am in Home and just type ./Downloads/pms-linux-1.10.1/PMS.sh. Tomorrow I'll be able to test that.
vf1sveritech
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:58 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests