Hi there

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: Hi there

Postby BantryRed » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:00 pm

Good to here from you again :)
BantryRed

Postby dissidence » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:23 am

i am oh so glad for this project, thank you so much.

but i hope you are still working on it, it has been some time since i have seen any updates, would you consider letting other people help out with this project.?
dissidence

Postby Pyrone89 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:40 pm

I have said this before, but I will say it again: this project is worth alot of money to Sony.

I basically makes the use of streaming actually noob-friendly. Making the PS3 suitable as a mediacentre. A feature they have heavily advertised.\
But seeing Sony has added cinavia in the latest firmware they are more into destroying their own concept than actually wanting to beat the X360.

I say it is time Microsoft comes with a killer move that makes Sony stop with destroying OUR products (Linux, Cinavia) and invest in project such as this.

AKA: in my book Sony is getting too laid back while there is clearly room for improvement.
Pyrone89

Postby edrikk » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:26 pm

shagrath wrote:(more than 2 months, damn)

Hi folks, no I'm not dead :)

I just took a big break from night/afterwork coding and frankly I needed it !
I'm still amazed by the number of posts here, great work :)

Right now I don't know exactly how to get back here, I love to read all posts/mails (for example I hate it when my inboxes don't have 0 unread mails) but honestly, due to many other reasons as well, it was really too much to handle these last months. I'm still a little afraid of this, so I think I will start by working almost on the google code project for a new start (it's like a ghost town there, issues keep growing). I'll try to keep reading here and answer to some insightful posts

Hi Shagrath,

It's great to see you back, but again, it's been over a month an no further communications...

Can you share your plans for PS3 Media Server with us? Can we expect any changes in the near future (I don't see any changes in the Google Repository since 410 revision)

Thanks, and welcome again!
edrikk

Postby Solaris » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:04 pm

you should put donate button on the forum?so atleast we can help your buy some food or drinks :)
Solaris

Postby SubJunk » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Solaris wrote:you should put donate button on the forum?so atleast we can help your buy some food or drinks :)

I agree
SubJunk

Postby ExSport » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:11 pm

DONATION button is already here with us for months....
http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/
ExSport

Postby Solaris » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:10 am

ah missed that but mostly user which come from google result either check direct link on forum or go straight on google code download list,i think would be good if put on the top on the forum with BIG button :)
Solaris

Postby slayer99 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:02 pm

I hate to say it, but I fear that this project is dead.

From Shagrath's profile:

"Last visited:
Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:47 pm

That's the same day he posted this thread.

I love the PS3 Media Server. I donated to Shagrath for his work on the project. Unfortunately, there aren't any good alternatives out there...even for pay. I know, I've tried most of them and none of them offer the feature set of this one and most of them are unnecessarily bulky.

The current version I'm using is stable on my system (though hopefully Sony won't push an update that will kill it). Sure, there are a few more features I'd like, but the PS3-MS is still the best one out there.
slayer99

Postby dissidence » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:50 pm

i would love to be proven wrong about that too, i wish more people around here could start a fork of this project. or the owner would come back
dissidence

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion