Solution to Cinavia

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: Solution to Cinavia

Postby Gareee » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:48 pm

Honestly, we just watched Battle for Los Angelas and resetting the time was a VERY easy workaround for now. You just check the timestamp before you exit the movie, up the date by a day, and then restart the movie at that timestamp. When yer done, just remember to reset the date back to the current day.

Yeah it was minor annoyance, but something we can live with for now until someone cracks it. I'm sure its just a matter of time.
Gareee

Postby flhthemi » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:46 pm

uk2win wrote:I tried this with The Other Guys and it did not work. I was using mkvmerge v3.3.0. Any ideas?

None.

If I get the chance i'll try d/ling it and use Power Director to edit it and see what happens...

EDIT:

Got a chance d/l a bluray rip and broke it down to 8 15 minute files like I did before with another movie and this time it didn't work. So I guess this myth is BUSTED!!
flhthemi

Postby qbik » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:15 am

i have a Cinavia error during watching normal avi file :( - it stop playing it

any solution for that?
qbik

Postby Cyberz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:12 pm

qbik wrote:i have a Cinavia error during watching normal avi file :( - it stop playing it

any solution for that?

We all have it, still no solution... that I know of anyway.
Cyberz

Postby td911 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:44 am

I was in the same boat. I totally relied on my PS3 for all media streaming from my PC and NAS.
Cinavia has made me change my setup.
I purchased 2 WD TV Live Plus from Amazon for $80 ea.

It has played everything I've thrown at it.
It may not be as pretty as the XMB, but no more transcoding, muxing, remuxing, etc.

It just works.

PS3=Blu-Ray only now
WD TV=everything else

BTW, it has network shares which makes it even better from a "media access/no access" standpoint for those that need such, cough cough, security.
td911

Postby flhthemi » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Yup I just bought a WD TV Live Hub for the same reason. I'm loving life!
Stay away from SEAGATE FREEAGENT THEATER PLUS OR THEIR GOFLEX TV - It's garbage by comparison! At least WD updates their firmware!
flhthemi

cinavia

Postby shoenil » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:44 am

Hi,
I am new here. Been using PS3, got updated to the latest firmware 3.65 and the watermark problem started.
watches movies with blu ray discs regularly, one of the latest blu ray disc i got 2 days back was BATTLE LOS ANGELES and after 20 mins audio went mute, message code 3 appeared.
Tried optical cable output, multi-audio out-doesnt work,(couldnt connect the optical cable cos my 2009 model KLV-46X450A doesnt have optical input)
tried ff to 1.5 x -doesnt work,
tried changing dates and year- doesnt work
CAN ANYONE PLIZ HELP :? :cry:
shoenil

Postby Booogiemannn » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:27 am

Does any one have a solution for files that a AVI? I'm getting the Cinavia error code 1 when ever I try to play a movie on my PS\3.
Thanks
Booogiemannn

Postby marco275 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:16 am

Try reading the above, there isn't a solution yet.
marco275

Postby royale » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:27 am

Wow this thing finally caught on to me. I was playing Battle Los Angeles and of course when I hit the 20 min mark I get the pleasant surprise. I been contemplating cleaning out the Sony OS and loading linux on to it. I think this really just put me over the edge. Is anyone familiar with cleaning out the ps3 OS and making your system into a more usable desktop?
royale

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion