Solution to Cinavia

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: Solution to Cinavia

Postby devildog93 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:33 am

I don't see how you could transcode to DTS, not in PMS at least. There are encoders out there that will handle DTS, but they are paid encoding programs. The encoder is proprietary. I can DEcode DTS no problem with FOOBAR 2000's DTS component, but encoding is not possible without forking out money. Unlike open source encoders/decoders like ffmpeg or AviSynth. That's the way I understand it.
devildog93

Postby Luke NUke Em All » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:32 pm

I have been doing alot of thinking about the "Cinavia" problem and playing movie files on the PS3. I have noticed that all the formats have been AVI. The movies i have been trying to play on my device has not been working and the "Cinavia" message pops up. i can play it on my computer just fine with Vlc media player, Vuze HD Player. its obviously not in the video, so y not try using windows movie maker and saving it as your OWN movie or convert it to a diffrent file format such as M-PEG 4 video format. i do not have the time to do this so please get back to me if it works
Luke NUke Em All

Postby omghi2u » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:59 pm

I am pretty sure thats not going to work Luke. From what I understand, cinavia is basically a hidden audio freq signal that humans cant hear, but is there when recorded. Nobody knows what the signal is nor the algorithm. if or when this audio signal is discover, we can just scan and strip it out, but for now there isnt a easy workaround. its very sensitive, i mean people who bring camcorders to movie theater and record them will transfer teh cinavia as well. no matter what the source is, if the audio is process by ps3 and is dirty, you will get the message. I been trying to research into the DTS audio format since ps3 wont decode it and pass thur to your receiver, but there is no free encoders and no easy method to transcode.
omghi2u

Postby omghi2u » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Here is a link if anyone wants to read more about cinavia, they call it audio watermark
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinavia

btw, as of the current firmware today, we can still play the movie at 1.5x speed to bypass the cinavia, but they will sound like chipmunks lol!!!! hmmm, i wonder if we can play at 1.1x speed since its closer to normal and see if it distort the audio enough..........
omghi2u

Postby devildog93 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:15 am

Luke NUke Em All wrote:I have been doing alot of thinking about the "Cinavia" problem and playing movie files on the PS3. I have noticed that all the formats have been AVI. The movies i have been trying to play on my device has not been working and the "Cinavia" message pops up. i can play it on my computer just fine with Vlc media player, Vuze HD Player. its obviously not in the video, so y not try using windows movie maker and saving it as your OWN movie or convert it to a diffrent file format such as M-PEG 4 video format. i do not have the time to do this so please get back to me if it works

Container format has nothing to do with whether or not Cinavia is present.

Cinavia is a watermark technology embedded into the audio streams of certain copyrighted movies.

It is highly technical and cannot be defeated by simply remuxing or re-encoding the video. Re-encoding the audio streams does not help neither.

There are only a few ways around Cinavia.

1) Have a device that does not have the software to recognize Cinavia infected movies. I have an old Panasonic DMP BD-60 with it's original firmware. Because it doesn't have the technology to recognize Cinavia code, it is unaffected by it. As long as I keep the firmware original, and only use that BluRay player for problem movies, I have a permanent way around it.
As well, the Xbox 360 is not affected by it.....I have a PS3 and a 360. I can simply switch to my 360 when I come across an "infected file"

Here is a list of movies that are "infected", as well as devices that have the software....and ones that don't as of yet, and firmwares listed as well........... From SlySoft forums.....

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=41885

2) Use a HTPC. As of yet, no software media players have been reported as affected by Cinavia code. That's why it works with VLC and others.

3) Remux the file with DVD "non-infected" audio streams from the same movie. Technical, and sometimes doesn't work out. Means needing two copies of the same movie to create a BluRay rip with DVD audio. Sony is now starting to embed Cinavia in the audio in the DVD versions of their infected movies to stop this practice.

4) Hunt for Cinavia free files. Many scene groups are releasing "Cinavia Free" versions.

5) DVDFab forums has a claim that you can use their program, but it seems complicated. Not sure about it.
devildog93

Postby Cosmin » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:30 am

How about the intelligent speakers that can decode audio streams? Mine knows LPCM-AC3-DTS via optical input, but i don`t know how to force PS3MS and PS3 to send the audio stream directly (without interpretation) hence the cinavia will not have any effect. Can anyone provide me with configurations ? In the ps3.conf i mean, because in mencoder settings i have checked Keep DTS in stream but stereo audio is sent normaly. Can be forced to be encapsulated in AC3 (encode AC3 but keep source format - AC3 Stereo) so the PS3 won`t try to decode it (assuming that it send the ac3 stream directly via optical output like dts)?
Cosmin

Postby gate1975mlm » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Not tested myself but it looks like "mkv2vob" can defeat Cinavia with DTS patching!

mkv2vob 2.4.8 + Source Code

V2.4.8 2/Jan/2011
Fixed freeze/hang on mkv files created with newer versions of mkvmerge.
DTS patching defeats Cinavia.

http://mkv2vob.com/showthread.php?tid=1962

Latest version mkv2vob 2.4.9
V2.4.9 4/Jan/2011
Fixed error when transcoding to x264.
http://mkv2vob.com/showthread.php?tid=1966
gate1975mlm

Postby Cosmin » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:50 am

I was trying to find a simple solution for encoding on-the-fly. Like using eac3to in conjunction with mencoder to replace pcm sound with dts when transcode. That way i don`t have to edit each movie (which takes hours). Sure, eac3to does not know pipes, but it can open video files by itself (instead of mencoder) or maybe we can stream video from mencoder and audio from eac3to...

I just found something else: all my cinavia "enhanced" movies have a sample rate of 44100 (perhaps a limitation of current camcorders) and my other files have a sample rate of 48000...
On cinavia site say that their products support a full range of sample rates, but they state that PROFESSIONAL COPYING MACHINES would work!
I am not familiar with editing audio/video but they can watermark an audio file on all sample rates ? If not - changing the sample rate should make the watermark useless, or?

Can be something like this:

recording audio at 44100 sample rate - throw an error 1 - can`t playback.
recording audio at 48000 sample rate - throw an error 3 - no sound alowed.
recording audio at full 96KHz sample rate - NO PROBLEM !?

Can anyone verify this ? I have tryed to change the sample rate from ps3ms: mencoder expert settings "acodec == mp3 :: -oac -lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3" but PS3 interpret AC3 stream and no luck... and i don`t know how to change the sample rate... -srate 48000 corrupt movie and PS3 wont play it.
Cosmin

Postby KeN- » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:02 am

Eh hello, i am trying to use the MKVMerge to remux those protected bluray movies which i have encounter those cinavia problem.. but when i was trying to load up the movies into MKVMerge, there isnt any chapter option to untick, what i gotten is only the other 3 options.. Can someone help me thanks..
KeN-

Postby devildog93 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:57 am

KeN- wrote:Eh hello, i am trying to use the MKVMerge to remux those protected bluray movies which i have encounter those cinavia problem.. but when i was trying to load up the movies into MKVMerge, there isnt any chapter option to untick, what i gotten is only the other 3 options.. Can someone help me thanks..

If you are getting your information from the beginnings of this and other Cinavia and No Audio issue threads, then you need to read up on Cinavia more. It has nothing to do with the Chapter stream of a file.

Early on in these threads, there also happened to be an issue with header compression on MKV files. This problem and Cinavia, as well as firmware and "go to" issues all plagued PS3 Media Server and the PS3 at approximately the same time.

To clarify again, the Chapter stream has nothing to do with Cinavia. Cinavia is a water marking technology added to the audio stream that re-encoding and remuxing have no effect on.
If a file has Cinavia protection, and the file is played on a device that recognizes Cinavia....like the PS3 after firmware 3.01....you will see the Cinavia error.

The "multi-out" trick was recently patched after the latest PS3 firmware update as well. They are constantly evolving it.

Mkv2vob claims to have a way.....I cant make it work though.

DvdFab claims to have a way......looks complicated and costs money.

Good luck, you're gonna need it.
devildog93

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion