Solution to Cinavia

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: Solution to Cinavia

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:30 pm

Coltaine79 wrote:I thought I had read that only units manufactured after a certain month in 2009 were affected (irrespective of firmware revision).

You're getting firmware (3.10 was released in November 2009) confused with hardware.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby Coltaine79 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:45 pm

My apologies.

I suppose that makes sense, otherwise there would have been a "run" on older model PS3's, like the Fat 40GB, etc.
Coltaine79

Postby jokerguy145 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:37 pm

I have a quick question, What if a MP4 file shows up with Cinvia mes and what do i do in this program to solve that.
or is there any other way Pls help?? :cry:
jokerguy145

Postby clicks » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:00 am

Well, I just registered and wanted to share my solution for avoiding the Cinavia bug:

This solution works for a slim PS3 with 120GB hard drive and 3.55 firmware!

1. you need to go to the general sound settings and go into the audio output settings
2. whatever you have set there you need to change it to "optical" and put a tick on every audioformat that shows to the right
3. when you do that, you will get a warning that your speakers could get damaged if they can't handle the imput.
4. just say "ok" and aknowledge the imput with the X-button.
5. then you need to aktivate multiple audio outputs if you haven't done so already.

That's it! Now everything should work and the Cinavia bug is gone for every MKV or MP4 HD-video you'll play in the future.
I have tested this with "The Social Network" that had the Cinavia bug before and "Resident Evil 4 - Afterlife".

This solution was posted by some other guy at another forum and it worked perfectly for me.
I tried to reencode the video files (audio/video) prior to this solution and none of my attemps worked.
But if you follow the steps above you should be Cinavia free. I don't know if this solution works with other
configurations of the PS3 than stated above, but why shouldn't it.

I hope, I could have helped some of you guys out there to still see the PS3 as a great media system.
clicks

Postby devildog93 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:00 am

clicks wrote:Well, I just registered and wanted to share my solution for avoiding the Cinavia bug:

This solution works for a slim PS3 with 120GB hard drive and 3.55 firmware!

1. you need to go to the general sound settings and go into the audio output settings
2. whatever you have set there you need to change it to "optical" and put a tick on every audioformat that shows to the right
3. when you do that, you will get a warning that your speakers could get damaged if they can't handle the imput.
4. just say "ok" and aknowledge the imput with the X-button.
5. then you need to aktivate multiple audio outputs if you haven't done so already.

That's it! Now everything should work and the Cinavia bug is gone for every MKV or MP4 HD-video you'll play in the future.
I have tested this with "The Social Network" that had the Cinavia bug before and "Resident Evil 4 - Afterlife".

This solution was posted by some other guy at another forum and it worked perfectly for me.
I tried to reencode the video files (audio/video) prior to this solution and none of my attemps worked.
But if you follow the steps above you should be Cinavia free. I don't know if this solution works with other
configurations of the PS3 than stated above, but why shouldn't it.

I hope, I could have helped some of you guys out there to still see the PS3 as a great media system.

Already been posted, but thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7194&p=42635&hilit=cinavia#p42284

You need to add the steps in the following links that I wrote to achieve successful playback with files with DTS and Cinavia. You end up re-encoding to AC3, but it still allows the file to play, as PMS's audio stream re-encoding doesn't seem to make it work and pass-thru just passes the Cinavia to the PS3....thus a message.
devildog93

Postby Kermyt69 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:34 pm

As posted in another forum just moments ago. I had this Cinavia problem the first time tonight whilst watching the Karate Kid (DVD version not Blu-Ray).

Tried the solutions mentioned (change to optical aac blah blah) but to no avail.

Any further suggestions.
Kermyt69

Postby devildog93 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:04 pm

Kermyt69 wrote:As posted in another forum just moments ago. I had this Cinavia problem the first time tonight whilst watching the Karate Kid (DVD version not Blu-Ray).

Tried the solutions mentioned (change to optical aac blah blah) but to no avail.

Any further suggestions.

This fix was just killed by the latest firmware update 3.60 In fact, I just posted a thread about it the other day.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10275

The fix where you go and change the time on your system every 20 minutes might still work. Quick and easy to do but kind of annoying.

Other than that there is something to do with the program DVDFAB. If you check out their forums, there is a way around it but it seems like alot of work.

The only definite way to work around that I know works is to own a BD or DVD player (yes, they have started infecting DVD's now) with firmware that is NOT Cinavia enabled. What I do is use a program called AVCHD-Coder to encode the video to AVCHD structure, then burn to DVD5 or DVD9, USB or BD-disc. This will only work on BD players though, and if they are AVCHD compatible, which most are.
My Panasonic DMP BD60 is NOT infected with Cinavia and I will never update the firmware as I only use it to play these discs I make.
I use my PS3 otherwise if I rent a movie, and need the latest BD disc updates to play it.

Unfortunately , there is not much else you can do but re-encode, and to a very specific format. Not that I have found as of yet, and I am a member in 7 different forums.

Good luck

AVCHD-Coder.....
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVCHDCoder
devildog93

Postby Kermyt69 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I do purchase a lot of Blu-Rays (no really i'm a supporter of movies) but i'm one of the try before you buy types ;) I like it, i buy it - simples.

I hardly use my PS3 for gaming, not out of choice - just never at home, it was mainly just for streaming movies......hmmmm what will i do with it now.

Grrrr sony and your crafty ways. Cheap non-cinavia-enabled blu-ray player required then me thinks.
Kermyt69

Postby devildog93 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:27 pm

That's what I do.

Check your other post. I replied with a list of Cinavia devices and movies from the Slysoft forums if you're interested.
devildog93

Postby omghi2u » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:48 pm

Would transcoding to DTS and having your receiver do the audio decoding get around this cinavia? if ps3 get static and unable to decode any audio, it shouldnt be able to detect any cinavia correct? I already made another topic about it here http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10330
omghi2u

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion