Solution to Cinavia

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: Solution to Cinavia

Postby ExSport » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:19 am

Thanks for testing. So we know it is working for AC3 but only when transcoding used (PCM 2.0 was displayed and no STOP message was generated? Cool 8-) ).
Please can you test also non SubJunk build so we can know that it is not SubJunk build related?
I will then redirect your tests to google code page if Shagrath can look on it when we will know same behavior is also with official build.
Many thanks
ExSport

Postby Val Killmore » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:39 am

ExSport wrote:Thanks for testing. So we know it is working for AC3 but only when transcoding used (PCM 2.0 was displayed and no STOP message was generated? Cool 8-) ).
Please can you test also non SubJunk build so we can know that it is not SubJunk build related?
I will then redirect your tests to google code page if Shagrath can look on it when we will know same behavior is also with official build.
Many thanks

Cool. Just to add. I tried a few tricks I know. I disabled "remux when audio is AC3", and enabled "default H264 remux with MEncoder"

This SHOULD, force PMS to re-encode the audio, and simply mux the video. Doesn't work. When I try that, the audio comes up onscreen as Dolby Digital.

So, it does seem that it ONLY 'transforms' the AC3 to Linear when the video is re-encoded. Not sure what that means, but it seems to be pretty much the way it works as of right now.

It's like it needs one more step. Re-encode to AC3, THEN do it's thing to make it Linear, without having to transcode the video as well. This SHOULD also fix files with other audios like AAC. It would make AAC --->AC3---->2.0 Linear PCM-----thru the PS3---->to receiver.
If that could be accomplished, as well as figuring out why full video transcode is needed PMS would be able to pass-thru Linear PCM straight to receivers from at least the most common filetypes. (MKV, MP4, M2TS, AVI)

As far as the other build, I will have to make another install folder......don't know if it will work well with multiple installs ?? Will post once I figure it out.
Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Postby ExSport » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:07 pm

ExSport

Postby Val Killmore » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:56 pm

ExSport wrote:http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/issues/detail?id=1069#c23

Nice :)

I installed the official Beta and I seem to be experiencing the same issues with regard to AC3--->2.0 LPCM, as I experienced with the SubJunk releases.

AC3 -----> 2.0 LPCM only happens for me when I force the video to transcode, and the original audio stream must be AC3. If the original audio stream is AAC, PMS re-encodes to AC3 then the PS3 processes it as Dolby Digital, and 'passthru' option doesn't work.

So MP4's w/ AAC audio streams, even when I transcode the video the LPCM trick doesn't work.
MP4's and M4V's w/ AC3 audio streams ...... the LPCM trick works when video is transcoded.

DTS works fine as with the SubJunk releases. Will post over at the other site.
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Postby Coltaine79 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Val Killmore wrote:
asimovrobot wrote:Sounds like it still has some wrinkles to work out but I am excited that you guys are stalking the cinavia beast and a solution might be in sight!

Hmmm. Just as I read this, I noticed a new PS3 firmware update is required, which added TV Services column in the XMB.

I wonder if they snuck in some Anti-workaround software with it. :o

Testing known DTS movies with Cinavia......specifically Battle: Los Angeles, Salt and The Tourist.

BTW, can you post your results with the "new PS3 firmware update"? I was thinking of installing it tonight, in order to do some online gaming, but I won't do it if it negatively affects PMS in any way.
Coltaine79

Postby Val Killmore » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:09 am

Coltaine79 wrote:
Val Killmore wrote:
asimovrobot wrote:Sounds like it still has some wrinkles to work out but I am excited that you guys are stalking the cinavia beast and a solution might be in sight!

Hmmm. Just as I read this, I noticed a new PS3 firmware update is required, which added TV Services column in the XMB.

I wonder if they snuck in some Anti-workaround software with it. :o

Testing known DTS movies with Cinavia......specifically Battle: Los Angeles, Salt and The Tourist.

BTW, can you post your results with the "new PS3 firmware update"? I was thinking of installing it tonight, in order to do some online gaming, but I won't do it if it negatively affects PMS in any way.

No adverse affects here as far as FW.
Val Killmore

Postby Coltaine79 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:39 pm

Yes, I upgraded to firmware 3.70 and my PS3 is also fine, using SB43 build today morning.
Coltaine79

Postby devildoctor » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:33 am

Basically what i've read and gathered, No real solution to the Cinavia problems just yet. (except for the same old put time forward and 1.5x speed)

Hope to god some-one gets ontop of this - I'll gladly donate some money to the cause!

@Coltaine79 Are you saying you have upgraded firmware and running latest PS3 and no cinavia issues? I find that hard to believe!! Honestly?
devildoctor

Postby ExSport » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Check other thread where you already posted this untruth ;)
In short: With external decoder and new PMS versions Cinavia files are supported!!!
ExSport

Postby Coltaine79 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:12 pm

devildoctor wrote:@Coltaine79 Are you saying you have upgraded firmware and running latest PS3 and no cinavia issues? I find that hard to believe!! Honestly?

I wasn't talking about Cinavia, I was talking about how certain firmware versions of the PS3 O/S seem to cause issues with PMS.

I was basically confirming that PS3 firmware version 3.70 does not impair PMS in any new way (Cinavia is a separate issue).
Coltaine79

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion