Solution to Cinavia

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: Solution to Cinavia

Postby asimovrobot » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:06 am

Sounds like it still has some wrinkles to work out but I am excited that you guys are stalking the cinavia beast and a solution might be in sight!
asimovrobot

Postby Val Killmore » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:56 am

asimovrobot wrote:Sounds like it still has some wrinkles to work out but I am excited that you guys are stalking the cinavia beast and a solution might be in sight!

Hmmm. Just as I read this, I noticed a new PS3 firmware update is required, which added TV Services column in the XMB.

I wonder if they snuck in some Anti-workaround software with it. :o

Testing known DTS movies with Cinavia......specifically Battle: Los Angeles, Salt and The Tourist.
Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Postby ExSport » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:03 am

Val Killmore wrote:Not quite sure what you mean by
maybe your AC3 bitrate is not programmed to be encapsulated to PCM by Shagrath.

I don't know exactly how encapsulation works but I suppose you need encapsulate audio packets in different way depending on AC3 bitrate.
So maybe Shagrath correctly encapsulates 224/448/576 bitrates but maybe there is a bug with 640 AC3 bitrate.
I don't know, you should ask Shagrath directly so I recommend to post your tests directly here:
http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... il?id=1069
Post your info what is wrong and attach MediaInfo export. I think Shagrath will spot complains sooner there than here in forum 8-)
So make a report there with MediaInfo, what is wrong(AC3 not displayed as PCM on PS3 etc.....) like we are discussing here.
But before you will do it is should be good to test build from main trunk so this problem is not SubJunk build related or explicitly mention there that this build was used.
ExSport

Postby Val Killmore » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:22 pm

ExSport wrote:
Val Killmore wrote:Not quite sure what you mean by
maybe your AC3 bitrate is not programmed to be encapsulated to PCM by Shagrath.

I don't know exactly how encapsulation works but I suppose you need encapsulate audio packets in different way depending on AC3 bitrate.
So maybe Shagrath correctly encapsulates 224/448/576 bitrates but maybe there is a bug with 640 AC3 bitrate.
I don't know, you should ask Shagrath directly so I recommend to post your tests directly here:
Post your info what is wrong and attach MediaInfo export. I think Shagrath will spot complains sooner there than here in forum 8-)
So make a report there with MediaInfo, what is wrong(AC3 not displayed as PCM on PS3 etc.....) like we are discussing here.
But before you will do it is should be good to test build from main trunk so this problem is not SubJunk build related or explicitly mention there that this build was used.

By main trunk, I assume you mean the main, official build ? I am so confused with the builds now.
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Postby ExSport » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:44 pm

main trunk = provided link on code.google.com page
ExSport

Postby ExSport » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:29 pm

If you want to fix it, please do what I suggested directly on page:
You will have bigger chance that Shagrath will spot it ;)
ExSport

Postby Val Killmore » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:30 pm

ExSport wrote:If you want to fix it, please do what I suggested directly on page:
You will have bigger chance that Shagrath will spot it ;)

I'm at the point with this program, that I have a good working version with the Magma edition and upgraded mEncoder/mPlayer, and for me to have to create a Google account, and go thru all this just isn't worth it.

The ONLY reason I need the AC3 passthru, is to bypass Cinavia. And I have an XBox360, so I just use that, or I'll stick with finding DTS copies of movies. Either way, I can play any movie with Cinavia as it stands.

In the end, I would have to install the other versions, all which have horrible playback success rates, just to try to get this experimental option to work. An option that I can totally replace with my 360 that's connected to the same TV.

Thanks for suggestion though.
Val Killmore

Postby sparker781 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:29 pm

I updgraded to whatever the latest firmware is. I watch a movie and after about 10 or so minutes it goes off and says it cannot continue due to Cinavia being installed error code 1. Has anyone found a solution with this? I was initially streaming with winamp's orb application then i tried ps3 media server and experienced in both.

Thanks
sparker781

Postby ExSport » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:41 pm

sparker781 wrote:I was initially streaming with winamp's orb application then i tried ps3 media server and experienced in both.

What version?
You need to use latest version which supports:
Code: Select all
EXPERIMENTAL/UNSTABLE: Encoded audio (AC3 and DTS) passthrough.

You can use official beta build or SubJunk build to test it.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11771
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8883
You have to enable this feature and your protected audio track have to be DTS or AC3.
ExSport

Postby Val Killmore » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:57 am

ExSport wrote:You can use official beta build or SubJunk build to test it.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11771
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8883
You have to enable this feature and your protected audio track have to be DTS or AC3.

So I decided to try the latest SubJunk build (41). I enabled the 'passthru' and it was still handing the PS3 Dolby Digital. The DTS works fine still, but the AC3 wasn't 'transforming' to Linear PCM. I was using MKV files with AC3 streams as my test.

So I tried all the different options in the #transcode# folder, and I found a few things out. The only options I could get to 'transform' the AC3 into Linear PCM 2.0 were options that forced full transcode of the video, with or without subs. None of the muxing options worked, or the [no encoding] option.....only options that transcode the video, do the LPCM trick :?

The first option after the default MEncoder and TSmuxer options with the flag language identifier. This is the option I always use when I want to force transcdode of the video, and not add subs. When I use this, the AC3 is passed off to the PS3 as Linear PCM 2.0, and my receiver shows Dolby Digital signal. WooHoo !

Also, the original stream has to be AC3. If it's AAC, PMS will re-encode to Dolby Digital, but PMS doesn't then do it's magic and send Linear PCM to the PS3, it just sends the Dolby Digital.

DTS passes in stream regardless off which option I choose, either default or within the #transcode# folder.

I'm messing around with it still, but it does work, just no where near as efficiently as it does with DTS audio streams.
Val Killmore

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion