Solution to Cinavia

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: Solution to Cinavia

Postby dunnoz » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:14 am

I suppose this only works for MKV files? any solutions to AVI files?
dunnoz

Postby Baz7T9 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:04 pm

Krystal wrote:
One question though, what if watching a movie that uses subs? thx for the help!

Just leave the subs option checked and just uncheck Chapters... I watch my movies with subs so i decided to keep that option and it worked. :)
I watched The Losers this time without any Cinavia messages in between. :D

Awesome thx for the help works a treat! :)
Baz7T9

Postby macel » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:19 pm

Repomen doesn't have Cinavia DRM, it doesn't work without remuxing in PS3 Media Server because headers were compressed when it was muxed. If you want to keep both and play it through PS3 Media Server, just load the movie in MKVToolNix and under extra options set compression to none.

Edit: Unfortunately, this trick doesn't do anything to Cinavia DRM protected titles like The Losers.. Cinavia DRM is embedded to the audio track and the only way around it currently is to use a lossy audio track that isn't protected.
Last edited by macel on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
macel

Postby lufkin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:03 am

JimBoSS wrote:can confirm this method works.
on The losers

I only disabled the chapters and left the subtitles active.

I used 3.3.0

Krystal wrote:
One question though, what if watching a movie that uses subs? thx for the help!

Just leave the subs option checked and just uncheck Chapters... I watch my movies with subs so i decided to keep that option and it worked. :)
I watched The Losers this time without any Cinavia messages in between. :D

so these people who got around the cinavia problem on the losers are lieing?
lufkin

Postby macel » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:14 am

I guess it's possible that it only had the same header compression issue like repomen did. This is why ppl are saying that older mkvtoolnix releases work and the newer doesn't.. the old one doesn't support header compression so it fixes it automatically without having to touch the extra options.
macel

Postby lufkin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:18 am

there are people who have tried this method who have actually received the cinavia message on their screen, then done this method and it has gone away, i know cinavia is in the audio, maybe the chapters tells it where to check or something i dont know, but i dont see how people can get the cinavia message, then the message goes away after this trick, if it has nothing to do with cinavia lol
lufkin

Postby BiZZ » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:52 am

yea works for me
BiZZ

Postby Baz7T9 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:32 am

macel wrote:Repomen doesn't have Cinavia DRM, it doesn't work without remuxing in PS3 Media Server because headers were compressed when it was muxed. If you want to keep both and play it through PS3 Media Server, just load the movie in MKVToolNix and under extra options set compression to none.

Edit: Unfortunately, this trick doesn't do anything to Cinavia DRM protected titles like The Losers.. Cinavia DRM is embedded to the audio track and the only way around it currently is to use a lossy audio track that isn't protected.

This has got me thinking, i mentioned on page 1 how i tried to play both Repo Men and The Loosers on ps3 and xbox 360 via ps3 media server, but there was no audio at all on both consoles for these 2 movies, then after i did the mkvtoolnix trick, the audio was back on when streaming to both consoles.....everything fixed! what im saying is...why was there no audio on the 360 if it was down to Cinavia? as apparently Cinavia protected files should still play fine on the 360 right? but both the above movies where without audio on the 360 and ps3 until i did the mkvtoolnix thing, so im a bit baffled....i have never had the Cinavia error message popup, but theres people here who have and confirm that these 2 movies are Cinavia protected. :?
Baz7T9

Postby serdar » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:09 pm

For the record, this method did not work for me with "The Losers". I used the mkvtoolnix from the first post.
serdar

Postby mojopej » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:32 pm

serdar wrote:For the record, this method did not work for me with "The Losers". I used the mkvtoolnix from the first post.

Same here. Does not work.
mojopej

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion