PS3 Media Server v1.09.1 BETA

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.09 BETA

Postby Audioboxer » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:23 pm

shagrath wrote:
Audioboxer wrote:I can confirm PS3MS transcodes DTS-ES to AC3 5.1.

MKV2VOB patches it though - And it works on the PS3 :)


meaning? working or not ?


Not working. As I said PS3MS is transcoding the DTS-ES to AC3 5.1.

MKV2VOB on the other hand just patches it like any other DTS file [PS3 reads it as 2Ch PCM - DTS light on receiver is on].
Audioboxer
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.09 BETA

Postby Dark_Wizard » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:25 pm

shagrath wrote:
JR Cash wrote:no sound at all with these files dts


just fixed it

MKV files don't play on Xbox360? Please advise.


I can't


"Just fixed it" means the beta has been updated? Please advise...

Thanks,
Bob
Dark_Wizard
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.09 BETA

Postby Dark_Wizard » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:48 pm

I noticed in the changelog this:
    * Automatic album art download from amazon or discogs
    * New option for browsing directory by date
    * Alternate cover art folder and <video>.jpg additional support (along existing <video>.<ext>.cover.jpg)

So I assume this is working currently?
Dark_Wizard
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.09 BETA

Postby shagrath » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Audioboxer wrote:Not working. As I said PS3MS is transcoding the DTS-ES to AC3 5.1.

MKV2VOB on the other hand just patches it like any other DTS file [PS3 reads it as 2Ch PCM - DTS light on receiver is on].


I don't know how this can be transcoded to AC3... in the worst scenario, you should have no sound... but no AC3 conversion
you sure you do not have multiple audio tracks and just saw the first one ? ps3mediaserver will convert them all, so maybe this is it
shagrath
Project Lead
 
Posts: 2668
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.09 BETA

Postby Audioboxer » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:28 pm

shagrath wrote:
Audioboxer wrote:Not working. As I said PS3MS is transcoding the DTS-ES to AC3 5.1.

MKV2VOB on the other hand just patches it like any other DTS file [PS3 reads it as 2Ch PCM - DTS light on receiver is on].


I don't know how this can be transcoded to AC3... in the worst scenario, you should have no sound... but no AC3 conversion
you sure you do not have multiple audio tracks and just saw the first one ? ps3mediaserver will convert them all, so maybe this is it


Ahhh you're right, it has a second AC3 track.

Just the first time it's ever defaulted to another track. Just ran the file through MKVMerge and took out what I didn't need.
Audioboxer
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.09 BETA

Postby shagrath » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:31 pm

Audioboxer wrote:Just the first time it's ever defaulted to another track. Just ran the file through MKVMerge and took out what I didn't need.


no need for that, just change the audio track in XMB :)
shagrath
Project Lead
 
Posts: 2668
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.09 BETA

Postby shagrath » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:33 pm

Audioboxer wrote:Just the first time it's ever defaulted to another track. Just ran the file through MKVMerge and took out what I didn't need.


no need for that, just change the audio track in XMB :)
EDIT: in fact I'm not sure... if dts is the first track picked by the server, that's working, but if ac3 is the first one, I don't know
shagrath
Project Lead
 
Posts: 2668
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.09.1 BETA

Postby shagrath » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:38 pm

1.09.1 new beta

http://mogoo.free.fr/files/1.09.1/pms-s ... .1beta.exe

I've fixed the DTS+Video Transcode issue, another DTS one posted earlier in this thread, and added the archive support
shagrath
Project Lead
 
Posts: 2668
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.09.1 BETA

Postby Bozster » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi.. great releases shagrath!

I do have a request if possible in the new release.

Could you lower the compression on the cover art? With 1.04 version it seems you have increased the compression ratio probably to try to speed up thumb loading but now thumbs really look bad. It's not a huge issue with flat photos of cover art but with PNGs like I did and others have modified now the quality is over-compressed and looks pretty bad.

You think you could lower the compression so the PNG thumbnails are clearer?
Bozster
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.09.1 BETA

Postby alexis2044 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:31 pm

Problems on normal mkv playback with 1.09

Installed, tried playing a movie (withouth changing a single setting) and it freezes at random points - just freezes and doesnt move on. Restarting the movie from the ps3 will make it play again, only to freeze in 5-10 minutes. I get errors on the server that Mencoder has stopped working when this happens. This all on a vista x64 system.

Reverted to 1.04 and same file, same settings work perfectly.
alexis2044
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests