PS3 Media Server v1.09.1 BETA

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.09 BETA

Postby Audioboxer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:28 pm

shagrath wrote:
Audioboxer wrote:DTS seems to be working fine! [works the same as MKV2VOB - Shows 2.0 PCM on PS3, DTS light is on on receiver]

glad to hear it :)

I do have one question though. When selecting an MKV file I know can be muxed [tested in MKV2VOB] either by just selecting the file, or going into #transcoded# and selecting TSMuxer, the transcoding buffer is used within PS3MS. Is this just because it's having to extract/rename files? It isn't actually transcoding is it?

Sorry for the possible noob question, to be honest I've ran everything through MKV2VOB before now so files have just played 1:1 - No buffer usage at all. Now though I might just do it on the fly seeing as we have DTS support in PS3MS :)

yes actually, I still have to extract/modify/remux two (or more) streams in real time, and it's still useful to buffer this. But if you take a close look, I've forcefully limited the buffer to 100Mb (compared to the variable value of 400Mb for a full video transcode), because I'm sure I don't need too much data in advance, and it fills up quickly (a few seconds here)

Awesome, thanks!

One more question, see when I choose to copy a file to the PS3 that is compliant [would remux fine], does PS3MS remux the file on the PC then copy it to the PS3? If this is the case does it remux like MKV2VOB would, DTS audio intact?
Audioboxer

Postby shagrath » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:40 pm

Audioboxer wrote:One more question, see when I choose to copy a file to the PS3 that is compliant [would remux fine], does PS3MS remux the file on the PC then copy it to the PS3? If this is the case does it remux like MKV2VOB would, DTS audio intact?

There's not a single byte written on hard disk, all stream/transcode operations are memory only (hence the buffer), so it's an immediate transfer
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Audioboxer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:50 pm

shagrath wrote:
Audioboxer wrote:One more question, see when I choose to copy a file to the PS3 that is compliant [would remux fine], does PS3MS remux the file on the PC then copy it to the PS3? If this is the case does it remux like MKV2VOB would, DTS audio intact?

There's not a single byte written on hard disk, all stream/transcode operations are memory only (hence the buffer), so it's an immediate transfer

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up :D

Copying over to the PS3 hard drive does seem to go quite slow though. I don't really need to do it anyway [maybe the odd occasion], I was just experimenting with the options.
Audioboxer

Postby shagrath » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:00 pm

Audioboxer wrote:Copying over to the PS3 hard drive does seem to go quite slow though. I don't really need to do it anyway [maybe the odd occasion], I was just experimenting with the options.

yes, that's slow as hell here too... I should take a look, maybe there's a network perf issue
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Audioboxer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:17 pm

shagrath wrote:
Audioboxer wrote:Copying over to the PS3 hard drive does seem to go quite slow though. I don't really need to do it anyway [maybe the odd occasion], I was just experimenting with the options.

yes, that's slow as hell here too... I should take a look, maybe there's a network perf issue

For what it's worth if it helps, my connection is wired.
Audioboxer

Postby JR Cash » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:05 pm

no sound at all with these files dts
JR Cash

Postby pellepulare » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:23 pm

I can not get any radio station to work whith this version either :(
pellepulare

Postby TimeFreedom » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:25 pm

MKV files don't play on Xbox360? Please advise.

TimeFreedom
TimeFreedom

Postby ExSport » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:33 pm

pellepulare wrote:I can not get any radio station to work whith this version either :(

It is because you can't read. ;)
It is working as it should(as Shagrath said)
ExSport

Postby shagrath » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:40 pm

JR Cash wrote:no sound at all with these files dts

just fixed it

MKV files don't play on Xbox360? Please advise.

I can't
shagrath
Project Lead

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion