PS3 Media Server v1.09.1 BETA

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

PS3 Media Server v1.09.1 BETA

Postby shagrath » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:04 pm

here's the updated beta for Windows:

- Changes / Features : Windows/Linux

Streaming support for DTS / DTS-HD core (DVD ISOs not supported yet)
New Option: unification of Mencoder/tsMuxer engines, including:
. Automatic choice between H264 muxing or transcoding, based on AVC Level / ref frames support by ps3
. Remux on the fly any H264 content from MOV, MP4, and AVI containers (ex: Apple HD Trailers)
. Can be disabled via the #Video Settings# virtual menu if anything goes wrong

- Changes / Features : All Platforms

XBox 360 unofficial support (Pictures/Music/Videos : WMV8/WMA2 transcoding)
Mencoder archive handling (no seeking support)
Automatic album art download from amazon or discogs
New option for browsing directory by date
Alternate cover art folder and <video>.jpg additional support (along existing <video>.<ext>.cover.jpg)
New translations: Romanian (thanks to Marinescu Alexandru Cezar), Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese (thanks to KK Tong)
Updated translations: Finnish, Greek, Icelandic, Portuguese, Swedish

- Fixes

Reworked RSS parsing (youtube playlists)
Wrong font detection on some systems: subtitles weren't loaded
Fixed tsMuxer crash at the end of file
Modified UPNP discovery [work in progress]

http://mogoo.free.fr/files/1.09.1/pms-s ... .1beta.exe

I'm skipping some revisions number and heading to the 1.10 cause I think there's some major changes:

a. First the DTS output. I'd be happy to have quick feedbacks because I coded this blindly

b. Then the possibility with the Mencoder engine to have an automatic choice between muxing and transcoding for the same video on XMB, based on AVC specs...
the option is enabled by default, but video will be transcoded nonetheless if there are external subtitles. However, if you want to force internal subtitles, you have to go into the #transcoded# folder (maybe this behavior will change, dunno)

c. I'm also quite happy with the MOV remuxer, even if some H264 streams are not supported by tsMuxer (Those from my own Sanyo camcorder for example, and the Canon 5D Mark II 1080p samples, who are rather impressive, but needs a Quad for transcoding them)
At least the Big Bunny movie and Apple trailers are playing fine ;)

Oh, and I included a new mencoder MT from yesterday's SVN...

so you have many things to test, feedbacks more than welcome :)

PS: Web support (rss feeds, web videos, etc.) is maybe broken with this version
shagrath
Project Lead

Re: PS3 Media Server v1.09 BETA

Postby Ashmodai » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:22 pm

You re a genius :) The automatic transcoding vs remuxing was just my dream and seems to work very nicely

Thanks !!!
Ashmodai

Postby Audioboxer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:16 am

Thanks mate, I'll give DTS a whirl for you!
Audioboxer

Postby Audioboxer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:24 am

DTS seems to be working fine! [works the same as MKV2VOB - Shows 2.0 PCM on PS3, DTS light is on on receiver]

I do have one question though. When selecting an MKV file I know can be muxed [tested in MKV2VOB] either by just selecting the file, or going into #transcoded# and selecting TSMuxer, the transcoding buffer is used within PS3MS. Is this just because it's having to extract/rename files? It isn't actually transcoding is it?

Sorry for the possible noob question, to be honest I've ran everything through MKV2VOB before now so files have just played 1:1 - No buffer usage at all. Now though I might just do it on the fly seeing as we have DTS support in PS3MS :)
Audioboxer

Postby shagrath » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:46 am

Audioboxer wrote:DTS seems to be working fine! [works the same as MKV2VOB - Shows 2.0 PCM on PS3, DTS light is on on receiver]

glad to hear it :)

I do have one question though. When selecting an MKV file I know can be muxed [tested in MKV2VOB] either by just selecting the file, or going into #transcoded# and selecting TSMuxer, the transcoding buffer is used within PS3MS. Is this just because it's having to extract/rename files? It isn't actually transcoding is it?

Sorry for the possible noob question, to be honest I've ran everything through MKV2VOB before now so files have just played 1:1 - No buffer usage at all. Now though I might just do it on the fly seeing as we have DTS support in PS3MS :)

yes actually, I still have to extract/modify/remux two (or more) streams in real time, and it's still useful to buffer this. But if you take a close look, I've forcefully limited the buffer to 100Mb (compared to the variable value of 400Mb for a full video transcode), because I'm sure I don't need too much data in advance, and it fills up quickly (a few seconds here)
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby shagrath » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:06 am

Video transcode + DTS output does not seems stable (video mux seems good though)
don't use this mode for now if you want to watch a video to the end :)
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby azrael99 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:38 am

Is this feature going to be in 1.10?

no, it's up to you to do your own avisynth script with the lanczos function, etc.

2) Sub margin for ASS/SSA fonts doesn't work anymore. (Yes, I unclicked ASS default style option) Is this deliberate or a bug? I can live with my fonts not looking like the subs in my PC - is this going to be fixed on 1.10?

will take a look
azrael99

Postby Pierre » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:49 pm

Just a quick Q about the version 1.09

Can we just install over 1.04 or are we advised to uninstall 1.04 first ?

Thanks a bunch for your hard work ! :)
Pierre

Postby saeba79 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:50 pm

FYI - seems like the beta is ignoring custom options for MEncoder. I switched to using it for transcoding and set:
-vf expand=-60:-60:30:30
and in the beta this is ignored.
Intel Quad Q6600 2.4ghz, 6gb memory, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, D-Link DAP-1522 Xtreme-N Duo Wireless Bridge/Access Point, PS3 w/40gb, 61" Samsung 1080P DLP TV
saeba79

Postby mikele » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:25 pm

Trop fort. Depuis le début ce soft c'est de la balle. 8-)
mikele

Next

Return to General Discussion