Cinavia DRM

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Cinavia DRM

Postby kopeor » Wed May 05, 2010 11:21 pm

Just heard about this. Seems to only effect PS3 and new blu ray players playback of some films.
Curious if it also effects ps3ms or it it ignores when transcoding or steaming.

http://filesharefreak.com/2010/03/03/ci ... reFreak%29
kopeor

Re: Cinavia DRM

Postby mikele » Thu May 06, 2010 10:35 pm

I have a divX movie encoded with that and my ps3 wont play it, i have cinavia message when I try to play it. fw 2.80
transcoding, streaming, reencoding is the same I have cinavia message and wont play
but my dvd player and my computer play it like charm :twisted:
mikele

Postby lufkin » Fri May 07, 2010 3:33 am

was just reading this on another forum, people are already making work arounds, i dont know why they bother with this DRM stuff seriously, they will always be outsmarted and someone make a work around
lufkin

Postby kopeor » Fri May 07, 2010 10:10 pm

lufkin wrote:was just reading this on another forum, people are already making work arounds, i dont know why they bother with this DRM stuff seriously, they will always be outsmarted and someone make a work around

Could you msg me the link to that discussion? Would like to keep track of it.
kopeor

Postby oggie » Mon May 17, 2010 11:05 pm

I too am curious about these workarounds.

As far as I can tell there aren't any yet. It's still early since there isn't many movies out there with this on it yet, but soon enough there's going to be a lot.
oggie

Postby cdirty » Wed May 19, 2010 12:56 am

aXXo posting in the comments on that site? crazy.
cdirty

Postby mikele » Thu May 20, 2010 4:12 pm

you are totaly wrong and obsolete, this technology is "born dead" because we can see the movie encoded with this shit with any dvd player or any computer...

oggie wrote:I too am curious about these workarounds.

As far as I can tell there aren't any yet. It's still early since there isn't many movies out there with this on it yet, but soon enough there's going to be a lot.
mikele

Postby jfeezy1210 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:04 am

Cinavia workaround:
Using virtualDub, I extracted the audio as MP3 56kBit/s and then a copy of the video with no audio.
I then used itunes to convert the audio to 160Kbps VBR MP3 stereo 44KHz
I then used Adobe Audition 1.5 to apply the following to the converted audio:
scientific filter - remove subsonic rumble (preset)
auto click/pop noise reduction
central channel extractor filter - karaoke (drop vocals 20dB) PRESET

I understand that all these steps may not have been necessary but that's the order that I used to edit the audio.
Also some/most of you may not have virtualDub or adobe audition but similar audio editors can do the same filters
I think the main step was the central channel extractor as it dropped frequencies below 125Hz and above 15000 KHz and reduced the center channel level by 20dB.

*Edit* I used virtualDub to combine the video(no audio) and edited audio file. This also greatly reduces the "quality" of the audio but hey it works
jfeezy1210

Postby fableman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:37 pm

Cinavia workaround: Build a HTPC

This DRM is nasty and no easy solution. People will just build them self a HTPC instead of using there consoles, and the less people will buy a console next time.
fableman

Postby devildog93 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:53 am

fableman wrote:Cinavia workaround: Build a HTPC

This DRM is nasty and no easy solution. People will just build them self a HTPC instead of using there consoles, and the less people will buy a console next time.

It is looking that way so far......sad to say. But I think you are right.....once they lose a couple trillion dollars (Sony and other DRM supporters) they might think twice about this crap feature that MOST people don't want.

Funny thing though. The Losers was protected, but a the release I have of Iron Man2 is fine. Both Marvel Comics.
The Losers a relatively obscure release, DRM protected, Iron Man2 a giant blockbuster, no DRM.

Don't know how to read this inequity, but kind of interesting.......have they realized that DRM ....WILL be defeated eventually, or other workarounds like muxing blu-ray ripped video with DTS or AC3 audio ripped from DVD sources have weakened their resolve..... 8-)

Who knows, just strange.
devildog93

Next

Return to General Discussion