Streaming TV Content (similar to Hulu)

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Streaming TV Content (similar to Hulu)

Postby swholden » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:45 pm

First, I apologize, but I've spent the good part of today reading your form and couldn't find the answer.

Second, I'm loving PS3M! It's great! I can now store my movies on a file server and never have to change a disk. :)

So here's my question: I know Hulu no longer works on the PS3M, but has anyone been able to stream from other sources?
There are a ton out there. AOL has some content listed under In2TV (I think), there's Fancast, and many others.

I'm mostly interested in being able to watch some old shows. You know, the classics from the '70's and '80's. :)

Anyone have any suggestions or luck in being able to this? I saw a lot about streaming audio (i.e. Radio), but nothing really on TV.

Thanks! Keep up the great work!
swholden

Re: Streaming TV Content (similar to Hulu)

Postby Redlum » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:27 pm

I think that's because most of that content is either encrypted or region locked (shagrath doesn't live in the US). I wouldn't expect much on this front if the content stays that way unfortunately.
Redlum
Project Member

Re: Streaming TV Content (similar to Hulu)

Postby Vorg » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:22 am

shagrath may not be in the us, but the source is available. So anyone in the us with programing skill could work out that part of it and summit it to him. Or make a plugin.
Vorg

Return to General Discussion