HD audio (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-MA) on .m2ts?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

HD audio (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-MA) on .m2ts?

Postby 0db » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:07 pm

I finally got myself a receiver that can take advantage of this amazing audio and was hoping I can start ripping my BR discs to network storage, but I can't seem to get successful playback with sound if I rip the BR disc with the HD audio selected. The regular DD/DTS will work but that's just no fun at all, right?

Is there any reason this SHOULDN'T work, since the audio track should be hitting the PS3 unaltered in a format it can decode, right? I don't think PS3 Media Server itself can render the DTS-MA audio stream and remux it to PCM, but maybe it can. I dunno.

Has anybody tried this, or better yet, succeeded?

Also in another issue entirely, when I play HD mkv with 5.1 surround over PS3MS, my channels are all "rotated" - center channel sound comes from the right front speaker, etc. Is this something wrong with my codec setup on the host PC?
0db

Re: HD audio (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-MA) on .m2ts?

Postby shagrath » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:38 pm

0db wrote:Is there any reason this SHOULDN'T work, since the audio track should be hitting the PS3 unaltered in a format it can decode, right? I don't think PS3 Media Server itself can render the DTS-MA audio stream and remux it to PCM, but maybe it can. I dunno.

Also in another issue entirely, when I play HD mkv with 5.1 surround over PS3MS, my channels are all "rotated" - center channel sound comes from the right front speaker, etc. Is this something wrong with my codec setup on the host PC?

yes it can, but you will lose some precision (24bits for instance)... about your channel ordering issues, have you checked the LPCM remux? there's still troubles with this right now
shagrath
Project Lead

Return to General Discussion