What is Audio High Fidelity engine?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: What is Audio High Fidelity engine?

Postby archy121 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks shagrath for all your hard work.

PS3MS does a superb job with streaming videos but please can we audiophiles have some attention too.

I presently use PS3MS mostly streaming videos but this would change very much if the audio side could be improved. I would love to be able to pack away my high end CD player.

Please look into being able to stream audio in highest quality untouched as well as 96/24 playback.

It would be great to be able to play 96/24 FLAC files without downsampling one day. In fact, it's the only feature that is missing on PMS for me. Is there a chance for this happening in the near future?
archy121

Postby AlphaMale » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:30 am

ExSport wrote:
giedrys wrote:I asked about this a long time go, but didn't receive any clear answer. It would be great to be able to play 96/24 FLAC files without downsampling one day. In fact, it's the only feature that is missing on PMS for me. Is there a chance for this happening in the near future?

Without searching it is logical you don't know that it is working months ago ;)

Play flac files under video category on PS3 ;)

@ ExSport:

I tried playing my FLAC files this way and it does not work; it just comes up with the No files found message. How do I get this working?

Using r409, in PMS.conf I have: audio_resample = false
AlphaMale

Postby AlphaMale » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:32 am

archy121 wrote:Thanks shagrath for all your hard work.

PS3MS does a superb job with streaming videos but please can we audiophiles have some attention too.

I presently use PS3MS mostly streaming videos but this would change very much if the audio side could be improved. I would love to be able to pack away my high end CD player.

Please look into being able to stream audio in highest quality untouched as well as 96/24 playback.

It would be great to be able to play 96/24 FLAC files without downsampling one day. In fact, it's the only feature that is missing on PMS for me. Is there a chance for this happening in the near future?

+1

I also would love to play my complete lossless music collection (FLAC) in highest possible audio quality!

Thanks.
AlphaMale

Postby legendb » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:51 pm

I had a look at the trunk code and it looks like TSMuxer is launching the player with higher quality flac files and I found a bug report that mentions it too.

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... tail?id=79
legendb

Postby AlphaMale » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:34 pm

AlphaMale wrote:
ExSport wrote:
giedrys wrote:I asked about this a long time go, but didn't receive any clear answer. It would be great to be able to play 96/24 FLAC files without downsampling one day. In fact, it's the only feature that is missing on PMS for me. Is there a chance for this happening in the near future?

Without searching it is logical you don't know that it is working months ago ;)

Play flac files under video category on PS3 ;)

@ ExSport:

I tried playing my FLAC files this way and it does not work; it just comes up with the No files found message. How do I get this working?

Using r409, in PMS.conf I have: audio_resample = false

To answer my own question: I think this feature will only work when the PS3 is connected with HDMI to the amp/prepro. Since my PS3 is connected with an Optical out cable this won't work for me.
AlphaMale

Postby erhan12 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:08 am

@AlphaMale

Mine is connected with hdmi to my amp, and it doesnt work for me neither
erhan12

Postby AlphaMale » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:22 am

Could be, I don't know what's causing that. In my current Optical out setup I guess it's just not supposed to work: to test this I changed the audio output settings on my PS3 from Optical out to HDMI and several new choices and bitrates appeared!
AlphaMale

Postby wingnutdad620 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:34 am

I too would like to play my files as i rip all of my CD's to FLAC.

I tried under the "video" tab, no such luck. I get the view of my music folder, the artist folder, the Album(s) folders and when I select one there is a #transcode# in there. when I select it it shows me the file names but when I select the song, it get the no files found error.

HELP!!!
wingnutdad620

Postby kreptafire » Fri May 21, 2010 1:50 am

I have some high quality 24-bit/96 KHz FLAC audio I would like to play. I tried to play these under the Video category with the high fidelity audio player; however, I keep getting the message "data type not supported." My PS3 is connected to an Onkyo A/V receiver via HDMI. The receiver supports up to 7.1 at 192 KHz LPCM input so I'm not sure why there is an issue... I also cannot manage to get ps3mediaserver to stream an mkv movie that is encoded with 6 channel FLAC through LPCM. This used to work with previous versions of ps3mediaserver; so, I'm wondering if there's an issue with the LPCM over HDMI from the PS3 to the receiver. Any input would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.
kreptafire

Postby Turnyface » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:09 am

any update or fix for this issue yet?
Turnyface

Previous

Return to General Discussion