Additional SUBs info in TRANSCODE folder+forced SUBs support

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Additional SUBs info in TRANSCODE folder+forced SUBs support

Postby ExSport » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:53 pm

Hi Shagrath.
Many thanks that you added 23.976/25 fps patch to "official" builds :mrgreen:
I tried this build little bit(very quick test) and found these bugs...
Code: Select all
When "Movie [MEncoder] {External Subtitles}" file is played but audio/subtitle preference say to disable subtitles for this audio track ---> video is not streamed as is but transcoded - should be streamed only

Now some requests 8-)
1. Possibility to force forced subtitles automatically or via audio/subtitles priority, something like cs,cs-forced;cs,off;en,cs;en,en;etc...
2. Possibility to show 23.976/25 fps option directly in #TRANSCODE# folder (enabled/disabled in GUI settings?) and at first place
   - It is quite uncomfortable when you will find video of this kind and you need to step back through 8 folder depth, enable feature, browse back 8 folder depth back and play video. After that again step back to disable it :(

If you are not agree with 2nd option, please can you provide me working code which will put this option at the first place in #TRANSCODE# folder? You know that I have already working code but tsMuxeR is put before it so 23/25fps option is 2nd :( Then I will compile it separately for my usage outside official code.
Also tried
TranscodeFastStart=true
on PS3 and it is working well => better than before with option to FALSE. Thanks for feature to change this behavior via config file!!!
Again many many many thanks
Last edited by ExSport on Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ExSport

Re: r365 bugs and request

Postby shagrath » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:46 am

I didn't reproduce this subtitles issue you talk about, can you provide a detailed scenario (with filenames, and such )?
anyway I think there's some work on this (and If you want this forced subtitles support thing you keep talking about :p)
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby ExSport » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:31 pm

My settings:
I need to load video file with subs if exist outside #TRANSCODE# folder and it is available only when
Autoload *.srt/*.sub subtitles with the same file name ENABLED

Audio settings priority:
cs,sk,en,de

Subtitle language priority:
empty

Audio/Subtitle language priority:
cs,off;sk,off;en,cs;en,sk;en,en;*,en;de,de;*,de;*,off

Names of test files:
Movie.avi
Movie.cs.srt
Movie.cs-forced.srt

Audio is UND.

Results:
1. In this case subtitles are disabled due to set preference but file is transcoded :roll:
2. In case *,off is deleted ===> no preference set so it used "first" subs in row and it isn't logically CS but CS-FORCED :roll: Also if I will have also AT subs it will load AT as first ones.
3. In case *,cs is added and *,off deleted ===> not CS but CS-FORCED is loaded :roll:
Now I have three files:
1. I have native(CS) audio and CS forced subs
2. I have native(CS) audio, original(EN) audio, CS full subs, CS forced subs and EN full subs
3. I have native(CS) audio, original(EN) audio, CS full subs and EN full subs

In third case you need cs,off option but this will disable forced subs in first and second example.
When you will use cs,cs it will load forced subs in first two examples but also full subs in third one which is not good.
Not really easy solution how to solve it with all PMS versions :cry:
Thanks for thinking about it 8-)
ExSport

Postby ExSport » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Shagrath, please give 5 minutes to this post, it took me more than 1hour to formulate and test it 8-)
Many thanks
ExSport

Postby shagrath » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:21 am

ExSport wrote:Shagrath, please give 5 minutes to this post, it took me more than 1hour to formulate and test it 8-)
Many thanks

sure... meanwhile, in the debug.log, the whole subtitles choosing strategy is logged, something like "Search a match for ...", "Found a match:", "Disabled the subtitles:", etc. You can take a look at what happens there, when you launch the files
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby ExSport » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:41 pm

I already checked it and posted this info in other post but what I remember:
File is transcoded when in log you can see:
Search a match for: und with * and off
[New I/O server worker #1-2] DEBUG 17:22:43.596  Disabled the subtitles: Sub: - / lang: off / ID: 0 / FILE: -
[New I/O server worker #1-2] INFO  17:22:43.694 Creating pipe \\.\pipe\mencoder1256833363693
[Timer-7] DEBUG 17:22:43.847 Buffered Space: 0 bytes / inputs: 0
[Thread-61] INFO  17:22:43.847 Waiting for pipe connection \\.\pipe\mencoder1256833363693
[win32/mencoder.exe] INFO  17:22:43.897 Starting C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server\win32\mencoder.exe

I exactly know what PMS do(and it is logged in debug.log) and described it in last post that PMS don't handle it well. :mrgreen:
When you browse dir and there exist subtitle file, PMS will show it with [MEncoder] tag because it found subtitles.
Because that also in case subs are disabled via preference it is transcoded because this check is done not at time of file listing but when started playing.
About subtitle preference it is described again in last post. There is no way how to load forced subs only or full subs when forced are present. Also when no preferred subs match and *,off is not mentioned then first subs are loaded(first one loaded-alphabetically sorted and forced tag has preference)
I suppose it is not needed log for my described cases... 8-)
Thanks for checking it :P
Last edited by ExSport on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ExSport

Postby shagrath » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:58 am

ExSport wrote: it is transcoded because this check is done not at time of file listing but when started.

this check is done, just before choosing between remux or transcode (MEncoderVideo.java, line 998). Working fine for me, that's why I can't reproduce this behavior
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby ExSport » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:27 am

Weird.
Ok, I will try to reinstall it completely to new directory and check the TRANSCODE behavior again, hope today at evening...but you can see log where mencoder is used when subs are disabled by *,off and Autoload subs with the same name is ENABLED. Double weird...
And please, what about other part of my testing about priority of subs? 8-)
Many thanks
ExSport

Postby ExSport » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:38 pm

I don't understand how you test it because I installed your own r366 compilation and same behavior.
Do you have "Autoload subs with same name" ENABLED????? Do you have same preference set as me?
I replicated same "bug" on Windows again.
PMS lists files on PS3 as moviefile.avi [MENCODER] {External Subtitles} because external SRT found and Autoload subs is enabled.
When file is played PMS checks subtitles preference and also in case *,off(subs disabled) is set file is transcoded. In this case MEncoder.exe is always used!!! ;)
When Autoload subs with same name is DISABLED, file is listed as moviefile.avi {External Subtitles} and in this case it is not transcoded but also subs are never rendered(also in case preference says to use xyz subs)
In this case only solution is go to #TRANSCODE# folder which discards feature: preferred audio/subs priority :(
Search a match for: und with * and off
[New I/O server worker #1-2] DEBUG 22:36:15.987  Disabled the subtitles: Sub: - / lang: off / ID: 0 / FILE: -
[New I/O server worker #1-2] INFO  22:36:16.036 Creating pipe \\.\pipe\mencoder1257197776035
[Timer-6] DEBUG 22:36:16.171 Buffered Space: 0 bytes / inputs: 0
[Thread-54] INFO  22:36:16.173 Waiting for pipe connection \\.\pipe\mencoder1257197776035
[win32/mencoder.exe] INFO  22:36:16.223 Starting C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server r366\win32\mencoder.exe
ExSport

Postby shagrath » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:21 pm

ohh sorry it's an AVI file, so yes it's the normal (buggy) behavior. I was confused between stream and remux. This is the fundamental flaw of this server, the video analysis is done after listing the dir in XMB (to obtain a relative fast experience with zero configuration after install). So i can't change the transcode behavior after the video analysis.
shagrath
Project Lead

Next

Return to General Discussion