Audio while browsing Photos???

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Audio while browsing Photos???

Postby mgideon » Wed May 20, 2009 4:42 pm

New User here. Fantastic program. I know I've only scratched the surface. Right out of the box, I could play my mp3s, play videos, and view photos. It is great to see a good piece of software that just works like it is supposed to.

My question is, can you have any audio while browsing photos? Either some mp3 or just background filler? We look at LOTS of photos at my house. I pressed the start button while looking at some photos. HOLY COW!!! is that a PS3 feature or PS3MS?

Where can I read about functionality and features.

b.t.w. I also installed tversity yesterday. It had problems, and I deleted it.

Thanks,
Mike
mgideon

Re: Audio while browsing Photos???

Postby meskibob » Wed May 20, 2009 5:47 pm

I believe you're talking about the Photo Gallery feature that was implemented in one of the PS3 FW's earlier this year. If so, it does support music while in a slideshow, but it probably doesn't support a media server connection (same goes for Sony's in-game music support). Unfortunately this is probably not something PMS can fix/workaround.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby mgideon » Wed May 20, 2009 5:55 pm

I was talking about the Photos from PS3 Media Server. I did see the PS3's new Photo Gallery, and it is cool and all, but I want to keep my photos orgainzed on my PC.

While in the menus on the PS3 if I go to the Camera Icon, I see a "PS3 Media Server" listed there. I go down to it and I see the folder I added in the interface. If I click on a pic, I can see my jpegs. If I press "start" on the remote it has this really neat gallery timeline thing where it looks like my photos are dropping and you can control what and the speed witht the stick.

Keeping thousands of photos in sync between my PC and the PS3 would just be a nightmare. That is why I'm hoping to find a way to include some kind of audio with MediaServer.

Thanks for the quick reply,
Mike
mgideon

Postby pmos69 » Wed May 20, 2009 7:51 pm

No, but you can start an audio playback on the ps3, exit that menu with the music playing "in the backgroung", and then go to the photo library and start a slideshow...
pmos69

Postby mgideon » Wed May 20, 2009 10:03 pm

That will work! Thanks. I've had the PS3 for a while know, but pretty much just used it for BluRay. I'm liking it alot!
mgideon

Postby pankajsingh » Thu May 21, 2009 1:58 pm

It is not that complicated at all. Just start your music and click the "Start" button. It'll take you back to your PS3 browser. From there, start your picture slideshow. Slideshow will start without stopping the music.
pankajsingh

Postby mgideon » Thu May 21, 2009 4:06 pm

I tried it last night and it worked just like you said. Now....... I can stop the slide show, but I couldn't figure out how to stop the audio. I could open the options of the song and "copy", but that was about it. I ended up having to turn the unit off.
mgideon

Postby ExSport » Thu May 21, 2009 5:21 pm

What about PS button ;)
ExSport

Postby meskibob » Thu May 21, 2009 5:32 pm

Browse back up to the top of the Music section of the XMB and you'll see a new item called Now Playing (or something like that) with the icon as the "Play" triangle inside of a circle. Select it and you'll get the playback options for the music.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Discussion