ram ussage?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

ram ussage?

Postby rayuki » Mon May 18, 2009 8:13 pm

hi all i stumbled accross this program while trying to find out if there a reason tversity is using so much ram for me.

so i thought i would give it a shot since i only use tversity for my ps3 anyway and this program has been getting great reviews.

i just wanted to ask if people can give there ram ussage for this program? IE how much is the process using in taskmanager?

my tversity is run 24/7 and i want to have this running 24/7 as well but at the moment it is using like 150-250mb of ram after extended use.
im hoping this program wont be as bad, at most i want it using 100mb of ram, even though i have 8gb of ram it is allocated to lots of different things.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
rayuki

Re: ram ussage?

Postby meskibob » Mon May 18, 2009 8:57 pm

When PMS is idle it uses very few resources, and when just streaming a file it doesn't use that much. How much it uses when transcoding is up to you as you can specify the size of the Transcode Buffer in the settings (max 600mb).
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby rayuki » Mon May 18, 2009 10:14 pm

actually it uses about the same, if it is using the GUI it uses the javaw.exe process and it is currently using 138mb without any videos streaming.

that climbs to around 180-200mb when streaming.

that is what i meant with my question.

i have found however if i use the service it uses a process called wrapper.exe and the javaw.exe process isn't used when using it as a service.

however i'm having trouble with the service, when i installed the service and started it i couldn't see it on my ps3 and i can't find a way to configure the service :(

using as a service seems like an awesome way to use a tiny amount of resources on the PC side of things just wish i could get it setup to work the same as i have the GUI setup.
rayuki

Postby jebise101 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:51 am

i have that problem using the 630 build try getting the 625 build. Before you install stop the service and remove the psm folder then once installed click install as service and change it to automatic(delayed) then reboot.
jebise101

Return to General Discussion