MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 31th August

Postby camus » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:05 pm

Thanks Export. I'm a total idiot. Works fine now.
camus

Postby jakweeze » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:21 pm

OzTeK wrote:
1) Can I specify the storage location of the thumbnails for the cover images? I don't necessarily want them stored with my movie files.

The reason why its saving in the same folder with the same name is that the PS3MS can read that cover next time you are seeing the videofile. You cannon change this at the moment...

In PS3MS on the Navigation/Share Settings page you can change this (as far as PS3MS goes) to an "Alternate videos cover art folder" which I simply made "..Videos\covers"

After I cut and pasted all the covers that your plugin downloaded into that folder and restarted both the PS3 and the MServer the cover art was still successfully recognized.

I would love it if in the .conf file if I could specify the same directory there for the downloading processes of the cover arts if possible, or I'll just keep cutin and pastin away sadly!

Also last question... and way that any one knows how to hide a folder from being displayed on the PS3 but still have the MS find it? i.e. my covers folder, while it doesn't much bother things, it'd still be more convenient for me not to have it shown on the PS3 side of things yet still accessible to the PS3MS (I suppose I could just locate it outside of the ..Videos folder but that might make it more problematic for downloading the cover art to)
jakweeze

Postby jakweeze » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:26 pm

I suppose we also have to come to the realization that probably no matter how hard you (the MS developers) try that the PS3ms will never be as good as the XBMC interface was due to the limitations of the PS3 its self.

If only a xbox (orig with XBMC) could support 720/1080p HD playback without stuttering... sad day... :(

(p.s. if anyone knows how to do that pm me =PPP)
jakweeze

Postby Silver » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:37 am

Is this plugin still being supported in newer beta releases?
For Honor and Glory,
Silver
Silver

Postby Mi|enko » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:14 am

Silver wrote:Is this plugin still being supported in newer beta releases?

I'm upgraded to 369 and the plugin still works for me.
Mi|enko

Postby JS_racer » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:06 pm

this use to work for me for watching trailers, now i get corrupt data or something like that and the trailers dint play.
also, i dint see the plot on the imdb information, rating, actors, director and stuff work, just dont see plot anythere.

i can post more info if needed.
Thanks for the time.
JS_racer

Postby jaqb » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:19 am

yeah imdb changed their site structure couple of weeks ago, that's why plot doesn't work. I made a quickfix, posting it soon in the first post. As far for youtube, they probably changed something to...it shouldn't be hard to fix.
HD YouTube on PS3 -> PS3 Youtube :D Are you a F1 fan ? Check out F1Reader.com
jaqb

Postby ottoman1384 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:51 am

jaqb wrote:yeah imdb changed their site structure couple of weeks ago, that's why plot doesn't work. I made a quickfix, posting it soon in the first post. As far for youtube, they probably changed something to...it shouldn't be hard to fix.

I just came across your plugin!!

Thanks so much!!

Do you know when the you'll be able to update the youtube bug? I'd like to try that out.
My wife will not watch a movie with me unless she knows exactly what its about. So, this makes things a lot easier.
ottoman1384

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Postby oggie » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:22 am

I have the latest beta of pms installed (1.11.369) and I too am not getting the imdb info directory within the movie folders.

I'm running linux, btw.

I had 1.10.5 installed and running (with a working movie info) and decided I'd give the latest a go. I've copied the MovieInfo.jar and MOVIEINFO.conf to the plugins directory and ensured that the jar has execute permission. I see nothing in the log file either.

my movie folders vary:
/home/gmo/videos/action
/media/sdb1/videos/drama

None are on the root of the drive. That's not the right way to do things in linux.
oggie

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Postby Hemant_pmsuser » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:27 am

Just got the plugin installed.
It is great, thanks.

Question:
I have YAMMM ( Yet Another Media Meta Manager ) to put all the correct titles, covers, and movie information.
Is there a way to get the PMS MovieInfo plugin to look on the local drive (within each movie folder, like the covers) for the movie information first, and then downloading if it can not find the information?

Am I using the wrong meta manager?
YAMMM creates a 'Movie.nfo' file, 'MyMovies.xml', and <MovieTitle>.dvdid file. Windows Media Center, and XBMC can pick up the information from the local drives in one of those formats.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers.
Hemant_pmsuser

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins