PS3 Media Server stream to PC or is it just PS3?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

PS3 Media Server stream to PC or is it just PS3?

Postby prestond » Sun May 03, 2009 6:04 pm

I understand that PS3 Media Server streams beautifully to the PS3, but what about streaming to other client's such as pc? Any suggestions on how to do this? I figured since it is DLNA/upnp that it should stream to any compliant upnp streaming client or am I wrong? What works best?
prestond

Re: PS3 Media Server stream to PC or is it just PS3?

Postby otmanix » Sun May 03, 2009 8:02 pm

have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2099
I provide NO application support via PM, so please post your question to the forum.
PS3 Media Server related articles on my blog: http://otmanix.de/?cat=11&lang=en
otmanix

Postby prestond » Mon May 04, 2009 2:16 am

I saw that thread (I did scan through these pages before I posted and also googled) and thought that was for Sony Bravia TVs and thought that the posting was more of a question than an answer. I am very much newbie to the PMS and would appreciate a more comprehensive response. It appears that we have to setup some configuration file for PMS to server to other clients? Where do I find out how to set that up if that is the case? Can it serve more than one client at a time?
prestond

Postby Trevlar » Sun May 10, 2009 12:33 am

I agree prestond, I can find all sorts of answers with the exception of 'how to use WMP as a client for PMS'. I have Win7 RC and PMS works great with my PS3, but I'd like to stream to my (2) laptops (Win7 RC also) in addition to my PS3. I have found threads that say that WMP on Vista and Win7 can be DLNA clients, but I can't find an answer if PMS will stream to them. Anyone have suggestions or answers?

Thanks!
Trevlar

Postby meskibob » Sun May 10, 2009 3:21 pm

If you really want to do this, take a look through the following thread and try to create a render profile for WMP: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2099
However, with other computers on your network, it's just easier to share the files directly between them. OS's are designed to do that (sounds crazy, right? :P), and you don't have any of the limitations of DLNA.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Discussion