PMS streaming wrong file?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

PMS streaming wrong file?

Postby dsuchter » Sat May 02, 2009 9:30 pm

I've got a bunch of HD movies in MKV format which for some reason play better streaming from PMS on Windows Vista 64 than Fedora 10. I've learned through experimentation that it has something to do with the MKV container, so if I just run the file (all streams) through tsMuXeR and save as a .ts file, the files will stream from my Fedora machine no problem almost every time (this is the goal as the Fedora host is my media server, the Windows one is my desktop and only online sometimes). Here's my question, when I split off a file on the linux server, remux it, then put it back, it goes to the bottom of the list of files (see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2103 for more on that) and usually plays fine. However, if I do a few files in the space of say, an hour, something gets very confused and often actually plays the wrong file when I activate a nearby one. This only seems to happen with .ts files, and only seems to happen with files that are new at the bottom of the list (not the alpha ordered ones). What's going on? Is PMS serving the wrong stream? Perhaps the PS3 is requesting the wrong filename?
dsuchter

Return to General Discussion