How to create a dynamic playlist with Media Player.

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: How to create a dynamic playlist with Media Player.

Postby polytek » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:39 am

Is there any way to associate a thumbnail image with .m3u files? I'd love to be able to view album art in the directory tree, but its not possible to define a thumbnail in place of the folder icon. I *could* make a playlist for each album folder if I can assign a thumbnail to the .m3u files in a way that the PS3 will accept. Any ideas?

Just some background to eliminate silly responses: I have about 1200 CDs ripped as .wav files on an external drive that I am now streaming to the PS3 with PS3 Media Server, primarily to allow me to create playlists, as the PS3 will not allow me to do this directly with an external drive. Please no suggestions about changing the way I have my system set up. I have done extensive research leading me to this arrangement. It is the best current solution for my purposes.

polytek

Postby laszlo » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:59 pm

ivrige wrote:Hi!

I got this to work, only there is a problem when i try to enter the playlist from my ps3. I find it allright, but there suddenly is 100 folders named !PLAYLIST when i enter the first folder. Any fix for this?

Hi, is there a solution to this issue two years later?
I got the same problem now when creating a m3u-playlist.
laszlo

Postby puntloos » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:07 pm

And.. can someone post a playlist m3u file? How do you reference the actual files? I'm sure 'standard' paths won't work "C:\MP3\test.mp3" - does the ps3 understand relative paths? "../test.mp3" ?
puntloos

Previous

Return to General Discussion