Center Channel comes out right speaker

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Center Channel comes out right speaker

Postby chored » Fri May 01, 2009 12:04 am

Have just tried to setup ps3 media server on a brand new Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope build. Compiled mplayer/mencoder, ffmpeg and h264 from source. I had a bit of trouble getting mplayer to work on the box (had to install x11 dev libraries?) but once I did, ps3 media server seemed to work, but if I play a suuround sound mkv, the center audio channel is coming out of the right hand speaker and it sounds like the left/right channels might be missing and I'm just getting the surround channels in the other speakers. Stereo avis seem to work fine. Any ideas of how to sort this would be good...

I'm running the 64bit version of Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope on an Intel Q6600 with 5Gb of RAM, 100Mbit connection.

This problem occurs with version 1.04 which I was running previously, with 1.10.5 I get the "data is corrupted" error.

It's probably not ps3 media server related, but was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I know there was an issue with the standard Ubuntu mplayer build which reversed the front and rear channels ...
chored

Re: Center Channel comes out right speaker

Postby macfanboy » Fri May 01, 2009 4:16 am

I'm having the same problem on a Mac Pro running PS3 MS beta build 329. Anyone have any ideas?
macfanboy

Return to General Discussion