PS3 Media Server 1.03

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.03

Postby mikele » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:46 am

Force IP adress and network interface, pms will be more stable... install last jre too... before I do that pms 1.03 was unstable for me, it rock solid now :geek: .
0815mike wrote:Might not be the problem, but when I upgraded my PS3 to Firmware 2.60 today, Iost contact to Mediaserver 1.03.
1.03.was working fine before the upgrade!
I tried all: reboot of Modem, Router, PC, Wireless and Firewall off, Network without success. The PS3 could not find the Media Server.
Switching back to older versions of PS3 Media Server worked. Now I am running 1.02.1.
Any Suggestions? :roll:
mikele

Postby 0815mike » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:33 am

Thank you mikele
Shame on me!

By chance I had installed VMware on my Server PC at the same time when upgrading the PS3 to v2.60 and VMware created the problem and not v2.60.

- PS3 Media Server 1.03 was trying to use the VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter rather than my real Ethernet Adapter.
- PS3 Mediaserver 1.02.1 and lower seem to find my real Ethernet Adapter without problem.

Forcing PS3 MediaServer to mz Realtek Ethernet Card solved the problem. :roll:
0815mike

Postby travlinmatt » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Hey hey!

Just want to add my thanks for this brilliant app. Has made my life a hell of a lot easier, which is always nice. :D Have recommended this to a number of friends, who had always stayed away from the Media side of the PS3 due to the complexities of TVersity or WMP. You and your team of guys have pulled off a beautiful bit of kit.

Thanks tons.

Matt.
travlinmatt

Postby oued » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Great piece of software !
I've been using it for a few weeks now. MKV support with subtitles is great.
oued

Postby JayMan007 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:07 pm

OK, I've been able to connect the PS3 to the PMS, and was able to play a 720p Video file on the PS3, but it doesn't recconect when PMS is shutdown and brought back up.
Also, I've made some changes to PMS, like disable subtitles, Max B/W = 15, Good quality for HD WiFi, multicore support, etc, and used the SAVE button, but those changes aren't there when I reopen PMS.

Any ideas on this?
JayMan007

Postby ExSport » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:18 pm

What about to check traces tab? My suggestion is that you using Vista and installed PMS to Program Files folder.
If yes, error message in traces is informative enough. Solution is to set write permissions on pms folder for everyone or account under which you starts PMS. Also run it as administrator will help.
If you start PMS as a service, do same thing and also after saving settings you need to restart service to take changes in effect.
ExSport

Postby icemanxl » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:02 am

Hello and thx for a great media server, i have been using this since the 1st and 2nd version. But when i got home today and installed the 3rd version im having the same problem as TheMagi was having. Can any1 here plz assist.The PS3 is not seeing the Media server and vice versa.

Update: Never mind guys i been reading the other post i got it working but PS3 Media server still doesn't see the Ps3 lol, oh well im good atm.
icemanxl

Postby digitalrurouni » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:03 pm

Hey guys,

1st post so go gentle on me. I am quite new to the world of the PS3 and all this encoding/decoding stuff. But long story short, am I correct in understanding that this amazing piece of software, written in Java, will allow the PS3 to play 1080p/720p mkv files streamed directly from your computer (preferably over a wired connection for speed)? I mean is it going to decode the mkv file on the fly in real time to another format which the PS3 can recognize? Is that what is going on? I really wish I could try it out but unfortunately my PS3 is far away from me right now...and I am very curious hence my question.

Thanks!
digitalrurouni

Postby gate1975mlm » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:11 pm

digitalrurouni wrote:Hey guys,

1st post so go gentle on me. I am quite new to the world of the PS3 and all this encoding/decoding stuff. But long story short, am I correct in understanding that this amazing piece of software, written in Java, will allow the PS3 to play 1080p/720p mkv files streamed directly from your computer (preferably over a wired connection for speed)? I mean is it going to decode the mkv file on the fly in real time to another format which the PS3 can recognize? Is that what is going on? I really wish I could try it out but unfortunately my PS3 is far away from me right now...and I am very curious hence my question.

Thanks!

YES! :)

With PS3 Media Server I am able to playback evey video format i have tried!!

This will even playback those odd Xvid files that will not play on the PS3.

PS3 Media Server is the best software I have found in a very long time!! It just blows me away its that good!

I download all kinds of videos posted at forums and every video what ever format it is has been able to play with no issue on my PS3 Thanks to PS3 Media Server :)

Thanks to PS3 Media Server I can now watch those Quicktime HD trailers on my PS3! :)

1080p/720p mkv with even 5.1 sound plays great on my PS3!!

The only thing I can not play on my PS3 using PS3 Media Server is Vidoes with DRM copy protection :(

And I also highly recommend a wired connection for speed!!
gate1975mlm

Postby mikele » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:33 pm

Is the 1.04 done ? where ?
mikele

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion