PS3 Media Server 1.03

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.03

Postby shagrath » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:02 pm

vmlinuz wrote:Just would like to know if the mencoder release en 1.03 is the same that was in last 1.02.5 ? Edit : ok it's the same
And is there a web site to find latests release of it ?


it's a build I made, with sherpya's sources and ffmpeg-mt ones took from the gitorious site. I've done a more recent one 3 days ago, but with mixed results, so I decided to leave the first one in 1.03
shagrath
Project Lead
 
Posts: 2664
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.03

Postby lovswr » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Ok, HD quicktime (mov) is not a valid format to transcode? Trying to watch some HD episodes of the Totally Rad Show comes back with Data Not Supported.
lovswr
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.03

Postby shagrath » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:37 pm

lovswr wrote:Ok, HD quicktime (mov) is not a valid format to transcode? Trying to watch some HD episodes of the Totally Rad Show comes back with Data Not Supported.


Apple trailers are working fine here but I guess that's not exactly the same video type... you should open an issue on http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/issues/entry
with detailed infos on your file (debug.log file)
shagrath
Project Lead
 
Posts: 2664
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.03

Postby Dean » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:53 pm

Thanks for allowing control over which extensions get transcoded (or not).. This resolves the thing I raised in the old forums with M4A files in a really elegant way.

This app just keeps getting better and better.. Great work!

Dean
Dean
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.03

Postby ecd1973 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:17 pm

Wrassle wrote:
gate1975mlm wrote:How do you add RSS video feeds to PS3 Media Server?


You modify the web.conf file in the pms directory.

Will the new RSS optimizations work with audio RSS feeds as well? If so.. this might be the solution for uXM!


The uXM/uSirius support is really the only thing not working for me with this awesome application. Hopefully we can get this going. Again, uSirius generates an .xml RSS feed file with links to mms:\\ streams for each Sirius channel (I assume that uXM works the same way).

ECD
ecd1973
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.03

Postby theyosh » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi,

just tested this version. And this is the first version that is working for me. I am using the Linux version. I don't know what the problem was in 1.02, but now the error is gone, I have the movies streaming.

Now I can test what my old AMD64 3500 Ghz still can do 8-)

TheYOSH
theyosh
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:19 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.03

Postby Wrassle » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:53 pm

ecd1973 wrote:
Wrassle wrote:
gate1975mlm wrote:How do you add RSS video feeds to PS3 Media Server?


You modify the web.conf file in the pms directory.

Will the new RSS optimizations work with audio RSS feeds as well? If so.. this might be the solution for uXM!


The uXM/uSirius support is really the only thing not working for me with this awesome application. Hopefully we can get this going. Again, uSirius generates an .xml RSS feed file with links to mms:\\ streams for each Sirius channel (I assume that uXM works the same way).

ECD


It's the same app, just configured to connect to XM online instead of Sirius online.. hopefully this can get addressed... once it does. this will be the single best UPnP server available.
User avatar
Wrassle
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:06 am

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.03

Postby carlo23 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:11 pm

the Best media server for my PS3!!!! Thanks man!!!
carlo23
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.03

Postby santicus » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:43 pm

Awesome, just keeps getting better. Thanks!
santicus
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.03

Postby vmlinuz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:15 pm

shagrath wrote:
vmlinuz wrote:Just would like to know if the mencoder release en 1.03 is the same that was in last 1.02.5 ? Edit : ok it's the same
And is there a web site to find latests release of it ?


it's a build I made, with sherpya's sources and ffmpeg-mt ones took from the gitorious site. I've done a more recent one 3 days ago, but with mixed results, so I decided to leave the first one in 1.03


Thanks for your feed back.
Mine is about some still stutter on 1080p movie. It played well all time from begining to end ...but some 'brout brout' ;) still here.
All other 720' played quiet and fine.
ISO's seems good too when loaded as drive.
Network's load is cool.
CPU's load seems the rea; issue
Don't try jpg at this time.

Let and see on next releases of third parts of your dev. (but for sure so importants.).

In any case sounds good to have 2.6Gh 2Gb RAM and last dev of this powerfull thing that PMS.
Rgds,
CPU Intel Q9550 & RAM 4GB Lan : <100Mb/s wired> Router <100Mb/s> <CPL 200Mb/s @ 160Mb/s >=< 100Mb/s> PS3
old config til Feb 22th : Athlon x64 4200+ oc@2.6Gh RAM 4Gb
vmlinuz
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:25 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests