DTS streaming and copying to PS3?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

DTS streaming and copying to PS3?

Postby Funcha » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:36 am

Using the new DTS patching method, I know you can stream DTS audio from your computer to the PS3. Should the same work when using TsMuxer or MEncoder to actually copy the file to the PS3 hard drive? Every time I try to copy a DTS Vob over I get a corrupted data error.
Funcha

Re: DTS streaming and copying to PS3?

Postby jamesdean » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:32 pm

I have got the same error message with copying dts mkv files to the hard drive of my ps3.

Any help would be great!

Cheers James
jamesdean

Postby j2048b » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:14 am

Funcha wrote:Using the new DTS patching method, I know you can stream DTS audio from your computer to the PS3. Should the same work when using TsMuxer or MEncoder to actually copy the file to the PS3 hard drive? Every time I try to copy a DTS Vob over I get a corrupted data error.

what is the new dts patching method?

does it work for us Mac users?
j2048b

Postby Funcha » Fri May 01, 2009 5:44 am

Still not sure what's going on. Nobody seems to have any ideas.
Funcha

Postby Martin Smith » Sat May 09, 2009 6:17 am

DTS Streaming The DTS patching system which works great and is fast 15 mins for a 8 gig file, is used with the latest version of MKV2Vob.If you do not want to transcode then Run this free program first. I am currently looking at using a ghost video file and my audio DTS files along the same lines.
Martin Smith

Postby Funcha » Thu May 14, 2009 5:43 am

What I would like to know is if you can use tsmuxer to convert the DTS track with the fake PCM header on a single VOB DVD file so the PS3 will recognize it WHILE COPYING IT TO THE PS3 HARD DRIVE. All my attempts result in a file listed as corrupted data, with the exception of a few DTS trailers that were very small files. Also, using TSMUXER to stream the video and audio works, but my network isn't fast enough to avoid skipping. I want to copy the files to my PS3 if possible.
Funcha

Return to General Discussion