Tversity Pro Released: Will we step above it once more?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: Tversity Pro Released: Will we step above it once more?

Postby Konceptz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:32 am

Sorry but I for one will never use tversity ever again. its too much of a hassle, uses unnecessary system resources and just plain sucks...
Konceptz

Postby diggidy » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:57 pm

Konceptz wrote:Sorry but I for one will never use tversity ever again. its too much of a hassle, uses unnecessary system resources and just plain sucks...

that's a bit harsh, but i agree that its overhead is pretty high. also, i don't know if there are memory leaks in it, but as you stream more and more stuff, the ram usage continuously climbs. i would think that once you're finished streaming one file, those resources are released and you start over. i hated the fact that i had to constantly stop and restart the service to release my system resources.

i think tversity is the solution if you're trying to stream to multiple platforms. if you're just going to a ps3, ps3ms takes tversity's lunch and farts in its face.
diggidy

Postby TheLlama » Wed May 27, 2009 7:02 am

So, I was reading somewhere on here that Hulu support couldn't be included in PMS because of legal implications.......now that Tversity has it (apparently coming to some kind of agreement with Hulu in that regard) is PMS not too far behind?
I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
--Capt. Tenille
TheLlama

Postby shagrath » Wed May 27, 2009 8:10 am

well, the legal issues was a way of saying that it's not really interesting to work on this, if this is illegally... besides the technique used was more like the old one in tversity (with stereo mix and such). If I'd find an elegant way to do it I don't think I would stop on this :p

And about the "too far behind", well, nobody works full time here, so it's hard to compete... (cause there's hundred of work hours to understand and make a working Windows grabber program for hulu and such)
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby TwinMoonsAnime » Wed May 27, 2009 9:28 pm

I've used Tversity before and the experience has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. I have no plans to ever go back to it. I've also used Twonkyvision's Media Server, and frankly PS3 Media Server beats all of them hands down. Also, I don't care about the web streaming stuff because I have my computer connected to my tv so I can always get web stuff that way. The only thing that would be really nice on the PS3 would be NetFlix. I've tried Media Mall's server for that and it's been very flaky, so I'm kinda giving up on that for now and sticking to my XBOX 360 or PC for NetFlix. PS3 MS is awesome for my needs of streaming my own library of videos, photos, and music.
TwinMoonsAnime

Postby ihatetheinternet » Thu May 28, 2009 6:46 am

my god i really hope ps3ms wont integrate those shit OP said. i would just stop using ps3ms alltogether
ihatetheinternet

Postby TwinMoonsAnime » Fri May 29, 2009 7:47 pm

Yeah, it would just add a ton of fatware to the server that it doesn't need. No web crap. Just keep it lean and mean as it is. The only thing I really want is a native version for Windows Home Server.
TwinMoonsAnime

Previous

Return to General Discussion